• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ITNM
    • May 2009
    • 3.8.x

Help I need to reset the language phrase

rHelp I do need to reset the language pack to english phrase and language
    I have tried with tools.php and the vbulletin-language.xml but nothing seems working please I have an Forum running with many members online and the forum is off for 1 days now.... I need to reset the phrases and the language!!!!
    Please reply quickly!!!!

Regards ITNM
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

It would help to know what you did and what the exact problem is.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ITNM
      • May 2009
      • 3.8.x

Ok I've Upload the German language pack and then later I delete the German language pack but the german language pack replace the english phrases so I have half german phrases and half english phrases

Thank you for your reply

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Try running one of these queries:

For MySQL 4.0.x use this query:

DELETE
        FROM phrase
        USING phrase AS p1
        LEFT JOIN phrase AS p2 ON ( p1.varname = p2.varname
        AND p2.languageid = -1 )
        WHERE p1.languageid =0
        AND p2.languageid IS NOT NULL;

Or for MySQL 4.1.x and higher, use this query:

DELETE
        FROM phrase AS p1
        USING phrase AS p1
        LEFT JOIN phrase AS p2 ON ( p1.varname = p2.varname
        AND p2.languageid = -1 )
        WHERE p1.languageid =0
        AND p2.languageid IS NOT NULL;

Then run this:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager -> [Rebuild All Languages]

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ITNM
          • May 2009
          • 3.8.x

Thank you steve very appreciate it's work does it rebuild also the delete phrase? in [Rebuild All Languages]? because yesterday I try many way to solve the problem so I delete the Phrase

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Those instructions should restore on the English phrases.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• ITNM
              • May 2009
              • 3.8.x

thank you

On the tabs "Quick links" there is no "Edit your details" and "Your profile" and others too... I think I delete yesterday half of the phrases

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Did you follow those instructions? If so, another modification is causing this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• ITNM
                  • May 2009
                  • 3.8.x

Sorry if I'm making you confusing, here I attach you a image this is what I delete yesterday night in "Phrases Manager" as I was very tired
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Did you or did you not follow the instructions I gave you?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• ITNM
                      • May 2009
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                      Did you follow those instructions? If so, another modification is causing this.
                      Yes I did,
                      But I did not use any mod or anything else as I before have 1 language set as Default is English (US), and the problem exist when I install the German language packs and after I remove the German language pack, I have the problem with half English phrases and half German phrases, so after I want to solve this problem, and by mistake I delete the phrases e.x: activity, Add buddy, etc..

Thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

So you still have half Gernan phrases? You picture does not show that.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• ITNM
                          • May 2009
                          • 3.8.x

So you still have half Gernan phrases? You picture does not show that.

No I mean before not now because now it's work great! but some phrases word's are missing

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• ITNM
                              • May 2009
                              • 3.8.x

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
                              OK steve thank you for spending your time to me, now I see the problem, the problem is because of the Theme Version

Here I attach you an Image of the dafault theme
                              Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...