Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaughtUp
    • Mar 2009

Transparency In Forum & Automatic Header Adjustment

ok i have tried getting help but cant view the text that the help center refered me to... here is my site

i am tryin to get the top header pic to stretch and fit the page automatically. second problem is i have a backround image that i want to show through the white of the forum cells. how do i make those cells transparent??

edit: i also forgot to ask if someone knew how to make the same auto adjustments to the background pic so it automatically stretches to the page
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Images are fixed width. You need to make the forum the same width as the image:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> StyleVars (in the menu) -> Main Table Width

To make a background transparent you need to delete the value from the background field for the associated CSS class:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Main CSS (in the menu)

Try clearing the background for some of these classes:

Table Border
    First Alternating Color
    Second Alternating Color

Comment

• CaughtUp
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Images are fixed width. You need to make the forum the same width as the image:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> StyleVars (in the menu) -> Main Table Width

To make a background transparent you need to delete the value from the background field for the associated CSS class:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Main CSS (in the menu)

Try clearing the background for some of these classes:

Table Border
      First Alternating Color
      Second Alternating Color
      worked like a charm, appreciate it. the only thing im worried about is if i adjust the forum to the image, it will resize the forum how i dont want it

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by CaughtUp
        worked like a charm, appreciate it. the only thing im worried about is if i adjust the forum to the image, it will resize the forum how i dont want it
        The other option is to resize the image itself. That requires editing the image using a program like Photoshop.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...