X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffoo
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

Questions before purchase

I have a few questions that I would like to have answered before I buy vBulletin:

1) Am I allowed to run a development (test run) vBulletin forum just for my testing purposes? It would not be accessible by anyone on the internet, but would greatly improve my understanding of this software before I implement it into a production environment. I usually run mock-up application environments on virtual servers before I implement anything.

2) Is it possible to restrict users from changing certain options in the UserCP? More specifically, the option to disable instant messenger. And, if so, is this a configuration option or do I have to manually edit the php files myself?

3) Does vBulletin support any kind of automatic (or cron) jobs so a person does not have to visit the forum in order for any scripts to be run on the database?

That is all I can think of right now. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me answer these questions.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

1) Yes.. Our license agreement specifically allows this.

2) You can do this with addons and template edits.

3) There is a Scheduled Task Interface that you can expand on with custom coding.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...