• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pixelman
    • Nov 2008

Style Editing Question

Okay please look at this forum:

Then this one:

Notice how in the first one, the banner *header* starts at the exact top of the page, also notice how there is a white area.
    Now notice in the second one, the banner starts lower down, and there is no white area, the background seeps through.

I want my forum to look like the first example... what do I have to do in the style manager to make it like that?

Thanks
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

You can adjust the page margins in your:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Main CSS (in the menu) -> Body

Code:
    margin: 5px 10px 10px 10px;
    padding: 0px;
    And the title image is in your:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> StyleVars (in the menu) -> Title Image

Comment

• pixelman
      • Nov 2008

How do I add a border to the white area?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

For example:

Comment

• pixelman
          • Nov 2008

Jake, on that thread you wrote:
          "This will add a border of the same thickness and color as defined by your tborder CSS class."
          So everything worked, but the border is thicker then I wanted, how do I change its thickness?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

You can modify the code for your purposes, but this requires HTML and CSS ability on your part. If you need help with code then you can post in this forum:

Struggling with PHP or HTML? Got any tips? Drop in here to share your questions and answers. Newbies and gurus welcome! (vBulletin Source code / Plugin discussions are best posted on <a href="http://www.vbulletin.org">vBulletin.org</a>)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...