Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tony adams
    • Sep 2004

poster cannot see some thumbnails

poster cannot see thumbnails of pictures by one other poster on my board - tried 2 accounts - his own and new one created to test settings - second one [test] i had tried and could see thumbnails

but poster can see thumbnails from other posters pictures

same in various browsers

he gets a message as shown in image

if he clicks on message full size picture shows

all pictures are stored in database

i only have one group for users - apart from admins all are in that group and no other poster has this problem

for no good reason i have updated all counters - i am lost
    Attached Files
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Can you post a URL to that thread so I can see the broken image?

Comment

• tony adams
      • Sep 2004

hi Jake

board is member only - nothing that cannot be seen but a few get upset if we open it - i have created an open area and moved the thread in there

as it says i created another account and logged in on that - all was fine to me - i then gave the member the details and it was not right for him - i ask here in hope more than anything as i cannot see it being a board fault - some members i would give up on but this one is net savvy so i am further confused as i am sure if it was at his end he would find it

thanks again for looking

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

I see the thread but I don't see any broken images. Which specific post has the image?

Comment

• tony adams
          • Sep 2004

hi again jake

did not set that up right - did not realise a guest could not see the pictures

you can log into that bit

user name - test
          password - password

hope that works

AND

i made a further mess by posting the link to the discussion - have now moved the other thread in there

direct link

the first picture

one was posted by the attachment button the other via url - the poster with the problem can see neither
          Last edited by tony adams; Sat 21 Feb '09, 1:36pm.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

It's working fine for me. This might be a cookie problem. Try editing your cookie settings:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options

Use a cookie domain like this (which uses your domain name, including the beginning dot):

.domain.com

That will make it so your forum cookies work from any subdomain of your domain, with or without "www". Then ask the problem users to clear their browser cookies and login again.

Comment

• tony adams
              • Sep 2004

thanks

let me be sure i get it right

in the first box of cookie domain - which is showing 'blank' at the moment - do i leave that or change it to the other option which is .co.uk

and whatever i do with that i then tick the box to use custom settings and put in that

.diplocks.co.uk

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                • Dec 2000
                • 3.6.x

It should be in the list of Suggested Settings in which case you don't need to use a custom setting.

Comment

• tony adams
                  • Sep 2004

hmmmm well i did that - not heard back from the poster but i seem to have other problems i can only assume are related

i am locked out ot adminCP - i log in - it accepts my password and then takes me back to the login screen - same on 2 pc's - have deleted cookies and the link in favourites

have 2 admin accounts - can log onto the board with both but both will not get into admin

EDIT

ignore the above in this post - i thought about it and loaded the tools.php and that allowed me to reset the cookie domain

so i am now back in adminCP

so can i check what i did wrong

i changed the pulldown to .co.uk - that was the only option apart from the default 'blank' - i did not change anything else - was that my mistake??? - thats how i read jake's instructions - obviously i got something wrong
                  Last edited by tony adams; Sun 22 Feb '09, 3:46am.

Comment

• tony adams
                    • Sep 2004

all sorted - i added the domain name in the custom settings - admin now works and the poster can see the thumbnails

that will do me - why? - would be nice to know but not that fussed

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...