• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burlesque
    • Apr 2008
    • 3.6.x

Blank From Address

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a new site using 3.8.0, however for some reason all of the email that is sent from the site is showing as '-' in the From field.

I've checked the email options in the settings and these seem to be setup correctly.

How do I fix this? Is there somewhere in the db I can do this?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

This is the from address:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Webmaster's Email

Comment

• burlesque
      • Apr 2008
      • 3.6.x

This is filled in correctly, also all the reply notifications and the pm notifications show the correct details.

I think I might not have made myself clear.

The actual email address is totally fine and when I receive most notifications, they are from the following:

Site Name <[email protected]>

HOWEVER, when somebody registers, and only when somebody registers, the format of the email is as follows:

- <[email protected]>

ie: the name shows just as a hyphen whilst the email address is still fine.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

I have seen this before but I cannot reproduce it on the default software. I suspect a customization is to blame. Try disabling your plugins:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System

Also run a file check to look for customized files. Upload the original files if any problems are reported:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...