Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lifanovsky
    • Oct 2004

AJAX doesn't work after upgrade to 3.8. Vbseo not installed

Just upgraded to 3.8. Everything went fine. With one exception. All the AJAX features (quick reply, edit tags, reputation etc. don't work).

I have never installed vbseo so this is not the issue for me. Also I tried to disable all hack and browsed the forum with original templates and English language. Everything is the same. Tried to re-upload files - doesn't help either.

This only happed after upgrade - everything was fine before. I also didnt to anything to the server.

I have vb 3.8 (obviously! ), Apache v1.3.37, PHP 5.2.1, MySQL 5.1.16.

Please help!
    Last edited by lifanovsky; Thu 22 Jan '09, 5:43am. Reason: added solution
    Boris Lifanovsky; administrator of the biggest Russian classical music forum

Lifanovsky.com | ForumKlassika.Ru
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Do it work for you on these forums? If so, a modification is causing this.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• lifanovsky
      • Oct 2004

Thank you Steve! I tried everything you suggested. All files seem to be up to date. Also, nevermind the plugins are turned on or not (thus for me its not a plugin issue, I guess), with the clean style right now the reputation and tag edit started to work in IE, but quick edit still doesn't. Also, none of the above work in Firefox...

Also I have noticed that my server experiences some high load though the ammou8nt of users on the forum is as usual.

So I guess there's something wrong with the style, but I can hardly imagine what exactly... Do you have any ideas?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Not really. Do you have the same problems here?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• lifanovsky
          • Oct 2004

Also, in php errors log file I can see a lot of errors of this kind:

[10-Jan-2009 00:06:00] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function prepare_blog_category_permissions() in /path/to/domain.com/http/includes/blog_init.php on line 30

Comment

• lifanovsky
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Not really. Do you have the same problems here?
            No, of course not. On vbulletin everything is just ok...

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

That error indicates you are missing at least one file, if not more.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• lifanovsky
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                That error indicates you are missing at least one file, if not more.
                Strange, I've updated to Blogs 2.0 like a week ago or even more, and everything seemed to be fine...

All the more that I've re-uploaded all the files just today...

Comment

• lifanovsky
                  • Oct 2004

Crazy. At the same time in Firefox I still can use inline editing of the thread title...

Comment

• YaGane
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 3.5.x

Same problem but with different version

I have the same problem only with the 3.7.5.

Some AJAX functions like quick reply and quick edit start failing after the upgrade.

I Install yesterday in a test site the 3.8.0 and works well.

I'll reupload for third time the 3.7.5. on ASII just to be sure.

Regards!!!

Comment

• lifanovsky
                      • Oct 2004

In my case quickreply doesn't work in any circumstances...

I wonder what was that thing that they did to AJAX in the last releases... Though before I get to know it I'll kill myself I'm afraid. Cos all of this is happening on my production site...

Comment

• lifanovsky
                        • Oct 2004

Well, if practice of other people shows that there is no such problems with clean install, is it possible for me to delete all files of my forum, make a clean install and then replace the DB name in config.php thus making this "clean" forum my old one? Since I really have no other idea on how to get things up and running...

Comment

• lifanovsky
                          • Oct 2004

Another strange thing thought I am not sure if its cennected with all of the above: I have turned off the Adsense in admin panel, but I can still see the ads on the forum...

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Looks like vBSEO will be making a lot of renewal members cash this weekend.

Hope vB4 has a great SEO system.

Comment

• lifanovsky
                              • Oct 2004

Gosh, I never used vbseo! Wonder if anyone have solved this problem already!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...