• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skariko
    • Aug 2007
    • 3.6.x

Social Groups image preview

Hi,
    i have installed VB 3.8, it doesn't show the icon on the main page of the social groups.

Anyone can help me?
    Attached Files
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

I just tested this on my test forum. I actually had the same problem when I created a social group and assigned it an image. This was because the thumbnail generation failed due to an open_basedir restriction on my server. I had to enable safe mode:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Safe Mode Upload Enabled

This all depends on your server configuration though.

After changing this setting I had to re-upload the social group image to generate the proper thumbnail. I couldn't find any option to rebuild social group thumbs.

Comment

• Skariko
      • Aug 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      I just tested this on my test forum. I actually had the same problem when I created a social group and assigned it an image. This was because the thumbnail generation failed due to an open_basedir restriction on my server. I had to enable safe mode:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Safe Mode Upload Enabled

After changing this setting I had to re-upload the social group image to generate the proper thumbnail. I couldn't find any option to rebuild social group thumbs.
      Thanks so much, i've solved my problem putting the images on the filesystem and not on the database. It works now. o_O

Comment

• Tarfandestan
        • Nov 2008
        • 3.7.x

I do it. But the problem not solved. What can I do? When upload an icon, its doesn't save in "thumbs" folder and doesn't show.

Comment

• Skariko
          • Aug 2007
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Tarfandestan
          I do it. But the problem not solved. What can I do? When upload an icon, its doesn't save in "thumbs" folder and doesn't show.
          Had you set the folder cmd 777?

Comment

• Tarfandestan
            • Nov 2008
            • 3.7.x

OOPS, really sorry. I didn't change the permission of thumbs folder. Solved.

Comment

• pixelman
              • Nov 2008

I had the same problem. I just turned on safe mode and uploaded the default image.... but nothing has changed (Besides the default image appearing).
              Users that uploaded their own icon still have a blank dot. Do they need to re upload?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                • Dec 2000
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Nadavy
                Do they need to re upload?
                Yes.

Comment

• pixelman
                  • Nov 2008

Thanks all Problem solved once and for all.

Comment

• Iceman62
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 3.6.x

Thank you! it worked for me too!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...