X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cj911
    • Jan 2009

Captua Problem

Hi,
    I have just installed Vb 3.7.4 and was having a quick play around on the new installation. I have noticed that the captua is not working. It is displaying a bacground image only with no characters for the user to type. This is the case on the reigistration form and the contact us form. Hanven't checked anywhere else.
    Can anyone shed any light on what the problem might be?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Make sure the *.TTF files are uploaded to your images/regimage/fonts directory.

If you still have this problem after that then this is caused by Freetype 2 support not being compiled into PHP and requires PHP to be recompiled.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• cj911
      • Jan 2009

Hi Steve, The images/regimage/fonts directory contains these files:
      edmunds.ttf
      EFFLB___.TTF
      HECK.TTF
      index.html
      MINYN___.ttf
      read_me.html
      SPONGY.ttf
      WetPet.ttf

I am guessing that this means the *.TTF files are uploaded correctly but I'm not sure. Are they?
      If they are how do I compile Freetype 2 support
      into PHP and and how is PHP recompiled? Is there any documentation on this?
      Regards.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

You have to have root access to the server to do that. I suggest asking your host since it would be very easy to break PHP if you do this wrong.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• cj911
          • Jan 2009

Can Anyone answer
          I am guessing that this means the *.TTF files are uploaded correctly but
          I'm not sure. Are they?

If you still have this problem after that then this is caused by Freetype 2 support not being compiled into PHP and requires PHP to be recompiled.
          You have to have root access to the server to do that. I suggest asking your host since it would be very easy to break PHP if you do this wrong.

Do I need to ask my host to check if this is Freetype2 is complied into PHP on their server/my site or both. Sorry but this is all new to me. Could someone possibly tell me exactly what I need to say to my host.

Also another user seems to be having the same problem http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295679
          he has checked this freetype thing which is ok and has been given different instructions. Should I wait and see what happens there first?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

This is a server issue. You should be contacting your host.

Enable phpinfo in the Admin CP, then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• cj911
              • Jan 2009

php public info enabled Url is (edited)
              I tried to get this info myself also by adding '&do=phpinfo' to the URL. But keep grtting 404 not found error.

Also could you please tell me Do I need to ask my host to check if this is Freetype2 is complied into PHP on their server/my site or both. Sorry but this is all new to me. Could someone possibly tell me exactly what I need to say to my host.
              Last edited by cj911; Wed 7 Jan '09, 4:42am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/VBForums/?do=phpinfo

PHP does not have Freetype 2 installed. You need to ask your host to recompile PHP with both GD and Freetype 2.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• cj911
                  • Jan 2009

Thanks,
                  I sent the following email to my host yesterday:
                  Was wondering if someone could advise me if Freetype 2 support has
                  been compiled into PHP on the server?
                  I recevied the following reply:
                  I added TTF (FreeType) for you, but I am not sure if that's what you need. Give it a try.

I'm assuming that this is not sufficient could someone possibly word for me exactly what I need to say to my host in such a way that it cannot be
                  misinterpted, leaves no room for him not to misunderstand and is not open to ambiguity. I’m sorry but most of this is double dutch to me. My hosting account is with a php programmer so I'm sure he will understand.
                  What is GD?
                  Steve I'd really appreciate it if you could edit the above post and remove the Url as I'm not ready for my site to be shown in a public domain as yet.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

They have to install Freetype 2. What they have now is not sufficient.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...