Need to reload the Defualt Style template file...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Palmer5555
    • Oct 2007

Need to reload the Defualt Style template file...

Not sure what is going on but my Default Style was saved with some changes and I want to upload the Default Style template back on to my host server. Can someone tell me where the Default Style template file is located in the 3.7.4 PL1 upgrade files so I can copy just that file back to the same location on the host server?

When revisiting the forum page my style template that I have selected (the only one selected from the Admin screen) is not showing up. It only reverts to that template I created when I select it from the dropdown menu on the bottom left after logging in.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no file. All of the templates are in the database. You can revert a custom template to bring it back to the original.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Palmer5555
      • Oct 2007

The problem is that the template style I have selected in the Admin Panel does not show up until I log into the forum and select that template from the dropdown list. I've had a few other people view the forum and it it looks like the image1 I have attached. When I log into the forum as an Admin I have to select the template from the dropdown list (the font has now changed to white for some reason now in the dropdown list and only shows when you drag the mouse over it) and the text is correct as in image2.

I've tried to revert all the settings in the Default Style Template but that didn't change anyting, still looks like image1.

I cleared the internet cache and this didn't help. Not sure if I need to reload some file folders on to the host server and if so,which ones?

siteground151.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, siteground151.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Palmer5555; Tue 16 Dec '08, 5:03am.

Comment

• Palmer5555
        • Oct 2007

But, if I enter the style ID at the end of the URL everything looks fine in both IE and Mozilla...

siteground151.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, siteground151.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Can a few members here take a look in both browsers and let me know if everything looks like it does here in image2, that would help a lot....

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Ahhh... you're confusing a style with a template.

I'm still not quite clear what you are asking, but make sure that all styles are user-selectable, and that you have this set:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Allow Users To Change Styles -> Yes
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Palmer5555
            • Oct 2007

Ahhh Grasshoppah...you solve problem in most honorable way.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...