X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clever Cat
    • Mar 2008

Attention Authorities

Hey, guys. My name's Clever Cat and I'm reporting a forum because it has stolen two layouts from friends of mine and I don't know how to officially report it so... yeah.

Anyways, my friends and I were staff on this forum and my two friends made two skins. The administrator has gone mental and demoted us and is refusing to take down the skins which counts as theft because the creators don't want them being used anymore, yeah?

I have to apologise if this counts as spam and if it does and you guys can't do anything, please lock the thread and point me in the right direction. If, however, you can take the skins down for me and my friends, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • legionofangels2
    • Feb 2007

No they can't.

Vbulletin has nothing to do with other websites disputes or problems.

Comment

• Clever Cat
      • Mar 2008

Ah, 'kay. No problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience, people. You can lock the thread now.

Comment

• TomJames
        • Feb 2006
        • 3.8.x

If you believe it is copyright theft then report it to the forum owners host (if the owner refuses to take them down after you have asked them to.)

Having said that if you created it whilst being a member of the owners staff I'd guess that you would automatically have given them a non-exclusive, permanent license to use your skins. Not sure though.
        - TomJames

Comment

• Chimpie
          • Nov 2007
          • 3.8.x

Furthermore, I doubt you will have any luck forcing the owner to remove the skins. When you were 'on the staff' the work you did was for them. Just as if you worked for a design firm. The work you did was for that design firm, not yourself. If you were to leave the work stays with them. Same rule applies here.
          CHIMPIE | SKYWARN | EMTLIFE

Comment

• ManagerJosh
            • Jun 2002

You may, note MAY be able to get their vBulletin license revokes on this clause in the license agreement. You'll need to convince Jelsoft though.

• The Software may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

We do not police the content of sites - unless we have a good reason.
              This is a personal dispute between the two, we're not going to revoke a license because there are two parties claiming two different things, which has nothing to do with Jelsoft or their license.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...