X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BizAdventure
    • Sep 2007

Too Many Connections?

Code:
    mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Too many connections /home/simeons/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 311
    My forum crashes every once in awhile, and when it does, that message above comes up. and gets sent to me.

The hosting company SWEARS it isn't them. They tell me do an upgrade and it will fix it. Well I actually DID an upgrade this morning and it happened again. When it crashes - it stays crashed for about an hour.

When it does crash? Only my FORUM and my BLOG at my site are DOWN - nothing else on the SITE ITSELF goes crashing just everything I think that is associated with the My SQL Database.

When I look up the error in that particular php file it says the following on line 311:

Code:
    $link = $this->functions[$usepconnect ? 'pconnect' : 'connect']("$servername:$port", $username, $password);
    Help?

Biz
  • BizAdventure
    • Sep 2007

I did a little snooping around and I found that it has been recommended to change this line in the config.php:

$config['MasterServer']['usepconnect'] = 0;

It is already set to that.

And for further disclosure:

PHP 5.2.5
    My SQL Version 4.1.22 - Standard

Biz

Comment

• BizAdventure
      • Sep 2007

I don't know how this forum feels about "bumping" but I sure would like to understand how to fix my issue.

It happened again this morning.

Biz

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

The server has maxed out the number of MySQL connections it allows. This is a server-wide limit, not just your forums. All you can do is ask your host to raise the maximum number of connections they allow.

Here is more info on that error:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• BizAdventure
          • Sep 2007

I appreciate the input Steve, my host swears it isn't their problem.

I don't mean to act stupid, but I am running a vBulletin with absolutely NO HELP - the guy that used to help me ended up with kidney failure so I am trying to do this on my own and it's not easy.

The link you sent me was for MySQL for version 5.0 - the version that is running my forum is version 4.1.22 - Standard - will this make a difference.

If I need to change something on the MySQL Database, I have no earthly idea how to do that. I don't mind trying, I just need to be lead on how to do that. Is that something vBulletin support can help me with, or is it something I need to go to MySQL to request help?

Biz

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

This error is very clear:

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Too many connections /home/simeons/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 311

If your host really does not understand what that error is and what causes this, then I'm afraid they really are not very competent. Again,read the link I provided or do a Google search. This is a server issue.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• BizAdventure
              • Sep 2007

Thank you Steve. I will send them a link to this thread. I might be back.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...