Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkblade25
    • Sep 2006

Security token missing

I have been running vbulletin 3.7 with a couple of mods that I have made and a custom theme. I set up an account for my friend when I started working on the mods, but when he logs on new, he gets the security token missing error. I do not get the error when I log onto the same website. I fixed it by setting the default template as a template with no parent style and default templates. He was then able to log in even when I switch back to the normal template.

I just tested the website with new account and the same thing happens agian. It first get the error when every I log in, but then when I switch templates to a default and log in, it works.

Please help.
    Last edited by darkblade25; Sun 28 Sep '08, 6:34pm.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

You have isolated the problem to your custom style. You will need to either systematically revert templates in your custom style to isolate the exact template, or you need to get an updated version of your style from the author.

Comment

• darkblade25
      • Sep 2006

Yep, I was missing some part of the DST form in the footer.

Comment

• Thamelas
        • Aug 2007
        • 3.6.x

This exact thing is happening to me right now. How can I get it fixed?

I have been comparing templates in the history and I found only one difference in the dst footer area in my custom template and the Default template. I made these changes but the error is still there.

Original:
        Code:
        <form action="profile.php?" method="post" name="dstform">
         <input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />
         <input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" />
        Changed:

Code:
        <form action="profile.php[COLOR=black]?[/COLOR][COLOR=red]do=dst[/COLOR]" method="post" name="dstform">
         <input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />
         <input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" />
        Last edited by Thamelas; Mon 29 Sep '08, 9:22am.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

Then it must be a different template. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.

Comment

• Thamelas
            • Aug 2007
            • 3.6.x

I have isolated it to the footer template. I reverted the footer template and the problem went away. However it makes my footer look like crap. I put the custom footer template back and I am trying to figure out what to change in it. The problem is I don't know what to change to correct this.

Comment

• Thamelas
              • Aug 2007
              • 3.6.x

Problem found! This line of code was in the footer at two seperate places. I deleted the first one and the problem waws solved.

Code:

<form action="profile.php?do=dst" method="post" name="dstform">

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...