X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmkb
    • Sep 2005
    • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Problems setting moderator permissions

I've got several forums organized under a few main (category) forums. I've assigned moderators to the main category forums and I'm wanting their moderating powers to extend to all the sub-forums under each category forum.

When I check Forums & Moderators > Show All Moderators > {some moderator | some forum | Edit}, I see the Can Edit Posts and Can Delete Posts set to NO. Every time I try and change them to YES and then navigate back to that page, they are set to NO. There doesn't seem to be any way to get the permissions to change.

Did something change in 3.7.0 over 3.6.8 that affects this?
    Project Management Knowledge Base
    Project Planning Info
  • pmkb
    • Sep 2005
    • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

If I have to assign moderators to the individual forums instead of the parent forum categories to get this to work, is there any way to assign a moderator to several forums at once?
    Project Planning Info

Comment

• pmkb
      • Sep 2005
      • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

&$^%*%&(@#%$

The setting of moderating permissions is not working at all for me now. I keep trying to enable Can Edit Posts/Can Delete Posts for my super moderators (not tied to any forum) and the changes I'm making don't stick.

vB says the new settings are saved, but when I click on edit to verify, the settings are always set to 'NO'. ?????
      Project Planning Info

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Assigning them to the Parent forum or category should work. Nothing has changed. I have personally confirmed this.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• pmkb
          • Sep 2005
          • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

I verified all files as original.

I disabled the forum, then disabled plugins via the vB options in the ACP.

I then was able to modify the moderator permissions and the permissions saved correctly.

I turned the plugins back on and re-verified the permissions were correct before turning the forum back on.

I suspect (though I have not proven) that the problem lies in vBSEO 3.2.0 RC7. I will be contacting those folks shortly.
          Project Planning Info

Comment

• pmkb
            • Sep 2005
            • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

I had to rebuild the bit fields and all appears to be working correctly now.
            Project Planning Info

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...