X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • forumaddict
    • Jun 2008
    • 3.6.x

General Settings

There is a setting I would really like changed at my favorite vBulletin forum but when I talked to my friend (the admin) she was afraid that on a forum that popular it might make a large impact on it's performance. She is willing to find out more about it to see if changing it for me would be workable, but she's insanely busy at the moment. So I though since I'm the one who wants the change it's only fair if I do the legwork for her to find out more about it...

So my questions is how much effect will changing the thread/forum read marking type from Inactivity/Cookie Based to both Database (no automatic forum marking) or (automatic forum marking) have? My preference is automatic, but I can live with no automatic if that's the best I can get. Both are FAR preferable to Inactivity in my opinion!

I am not sure all you might need to know to help me out but here are the forum stats:

Threads: 8,644, Posts: 99,923, Members: 48,222, Most users ever online was: 530

Any information you guys can give me at all would be really helpful since ALL I could find so far anywhere is "This option is more space and processor intensive than inactivity-based marking." and "This is the most usable option for end users, but most processor intensive." and I've been search for a few hours now.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Your friend with the license will need to contact us for support.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• forumaddict
      • Jun 2008
      • 3.6.x

I can't get general information about the way your forum's settings work?!? I don't want support, I just want to know how much extra resources changing the setting will take up...

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

To get vB support on these forums have your friend register you for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...