X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sullivanmar
    • Jan 2005

Pictures not displayed in user album

Hi,

I'm trying to set up to allow my users to use the new album feature.

Had one use try to set up an album and upload 2 pictures. Each upload results in the dreaded "red X" being displayed instead of the picture.

I've tried rebuilding the thumbnails, editing the pitures to be under the size limits before uploading, looking to see if moderator appoval would change things, etc.

No errror messages on the uploads, and all appears to work except the pictures are not displayed.

I have not changed any of the default cp parameters other than to turn on moderation.

I suspect it has to do with database or file access approvals? Any hints on where to start looking appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

How are you storing album pictures?

Admin CP -> User Albums -> Album Picture Storage Type

If they are being stored in the file system then make sure all of the various paths are correct. You can right click one of the broken images and get properties to see exactly where it is looking for the image. That may help you to identify an incorrect path.

Comment

• sullivanmar
      • Jan 2005

I am storing the pictures in the file system, without direct access to thumbs.

It's help on the various paths checking that I need. I'm not sure where to start looking.

For example, I know how I can define where custom avatars and profile pics are stored. Is there something similar for albums?

This is what is displayed for path in properties for photo file.

album.php does exist on the site.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by sullivanmar
        For example, I know how I can define where custom avatars and profile pics are stored. Is there something similar for albums?
        Yes. It's in your:

Admin CP -> User Albums -> Album Picture Storage Type

I suspect the paths are wrong. Although that would normally result in an error when uploading the files.

If you continue to have problems then we can take a look if you submit a trouble ticket with your forum and server info:

Comment

• sullivanmar
          • Jan 2005

Thanks Jake. I will submit a ticket. I must be missing something.

Under Admin CP -> User Albums -> Album Picture Storage Type

the only thing I see is a radio button with these options. I am using the first,

Album pictures are currently being stored in the databaseActionMove pictures into the file system without direct access to thumbnails
          Move pictures into the file system with direct access to thumbnails

Comment

• sullivanmar
            • Jan 2005

Problem was resolved by eliminating non-printing characters from config.php file. Still trying to understand how they got there.

Comment