X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vengefuldeath87
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.5.x

template and mod questions

firstly, i screwed up and reverted the wrong template while upgrading, so used a database backup to grab the bits i needed, and as these were already php, inserted them directly into the database. how do i update the forums to look at the database for this template, as it still shows the old template code in the edit template admin.

secondly, is there a query i can do to remove all social group moderator permissions from all my mods, as i only want super mods and above to have social permissions?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by vengefuldeath87
    firstly, i screwed up and reverted the wrong template while upgrading, so used a database backup to grab the bits i needed, and as these were already php, inserted them directly into the database. how do i update the forums to look at the database for this template, as it still shows the old template code in the edit template admin.
    It is best to just edit the template in the Admin CP and paste the code into the template editor. Otherwise if you manually edited the template record then you might need to edit and save the template in the Admin CP anyways to update the cached copy.

Originally posted by vengefuldeath87
    secondly, is there a query i can do to remove all social group moderator permissions from all my mods, as i only want super mods and above to have social permissions?
    These queries will remove all of the social group permissions from all moderators (backup first):

UPDATE moderator
    SET permissions2 = permissions2 - 64
    WHERE permissions2 & 64

UPDATE moderator
    SET permissions2 = permissions2 - 128
    WHERE permissions2 & 128

UPDATE moderator
    SET permissions2 = permissions2 - 256
    WHERE permissions2 & 256

UPDATE moderator
    SET permissions2 = permissions2 - 512
    WHERE permissions2 & 512

UPDATE moderator
    SET permissions2 = permissions2 - 1024
    WHERE permissions2 & 1024

UPDATE moderator
    SET permissions2 = permissions2 - 2048
    WHERE permissions2 & 2048

Then rebuild your forum info:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Forum Information

That should do it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...