• Show
Clear All
  • notrick
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.6.x

VB Hosting for a large Forum

I have a Large Sized Forum. in PHPBB.
    Around 15k users.
    I am right now using 1and1 Shared Hosting for running the forum and some other sites (around 3 more sites - with equal traffic as my forum)

Everything Works fine over there. Only that I get 500 Error a couple of hundred times a day which I dont care about and thats it - (At the peek time)

But the problem there is the restriction on Number of files. Though the number of files allowed are large, but themes of VB, they have lots of those small small images eating up my file count.
    Phpbb has excellent cahce but it creates lot of cached files which eats up my file count very fast making my site run very slow.

I just recently bought VB and I am falling in love with it. Mine is a Shared hosting on. I am planning to
    1. Start a new forum
    2. And Converting my phpbb into that.

With the issues I have - I wonder what VB will do to my server. So I was looking for a new shared Hosting.
    I am very scared of VPS as I am not very sure what Unix is (THough I have worked for 2 years in it extensively - but never on the web based things).
    So I was considering two options -
    1. Get One More Shared Hosting Plan from 1and1
    2. Getting one shared hosting plan from Media Template

3. Is there a Good Offshore Hosting available? I am not hosting any illegal stuff. But I need offshore hosting for Income TAX relaed issues.

which One will u suggest?
    Or Should I Go with a Dedicated server which I Can't really afford
    or VPS - Which I will be arely able to afford.
    (MY site are not much monetized)
    Last edited by notrick; Wed 27 Feb '08, 4:10pm. Reason: For some obvious Typos :D
  • notrick
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.6.x

bump

please help

Comment

• peterpigman
      • Jul 2006
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by notrick
      bump

please help
      I am with this guy

Very helpful and will tailor something for your needs. Mention I told you pls lol. He helped with my move and is very good with his support.

Comment

• notrick
        • Jan 2008
        • 3.6.x

Yeah I know this site very well.
        many of my frnds are hosted on them

I am still to contact them...cuz they are very costly.

let me talk to them.

Comment

• peterpigman
          • Jul 2006
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by notrick
          Yeah I know this site very well.
          many of my frnds are hosted on them

I am still to contact them...cuz they are very costly.

let me talk to them.
          I thought he was quite cheap actually. Maybe you are expecting good service cheaply. That is almost impossible to find btw. As far as hosting goes you get what you pay for.

Comment

• R1lover
            • Apr 2006
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by peterpigman
            I thought he was quite cheap actually. Maybe you are expecting good service cheaply. That is almost impossible to find btw. As far as hosting goes you get what you pay for.
            I agree 100% as with most things in life... cheap is not equal good!
            www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...