How do I hide the last post of a sub forum?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rsgvb
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.6.x

How do I hide the last post of a sub forum?

I have searched before asking this question, and cannot find an answer.

I have multiple sub-forums. Some I want to have display in the Last Post on the front page/forum display, and some I do not. How do I go about hiding the Last Post of specific Sub-Forum from showing on the front page under Last Post, without hiding ones that I do want to show.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I don't know of any way to do that without a plugin. Try www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rsgvb
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I don't know of any way to do that without a plugin. Try www.vbulletin.org.
      Can you help me out with pointing me in the right direction of which plugin to look for?

Ive spent the better part of the last few hours searching for a plugin that can accomplish this task, with no luck.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

No, sorry. I have no idea if a plugin is available for this. You need to ask over at vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
          • Feb 2005
          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by rsgvb
          Im glad you showed up.

I did that(http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257636). I was told to go to another forum, even though it seems there is code youve provided that hides these sorts of things.

Does this code youve provided work to do what Ive asked?

Id appreciate help. If you can answer my question, please do.
          Steve Machol is right about that you need to ask over at vBulletin.org. You might want to inquire about this author: Cybernetec

Comment

• rsgvb
            • Oct 2007
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
            Steve Machol is right about that you need to ask over at vBulletin.org. You might want to inquire about this author: Cybernetec
            I did that the first day he suggested it, and there are no responses.

In this thread(http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237857), you provided code to hide subforums on the forumhome page:

Hide specific subforum(s) from 'Forum Index' page
            # find template(s): forumhome_subforumbit_nopost - forumhome_subforumbit_post
            # add conditional statement around template code
            # replace X,Y,Z with forum(id) identification number you wish not to be visible.
            Code:
            [COLOR=#ff0000][B]<if condition="!in_array($forumid, array([COLOR=#008000]X,Y,Z[/COLOR]))">[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]Template Code[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][B]</if>[/B][/COLOR]
            # find template(s): forumhome_subforumseparator_nopost - forumhome_subforumseparator_post
            # replace with non-breaking space
            Code:
            [COLOR=red][B][noparse]&nbsp;[/noparse][/B][/COLOR]
            Before [ATTACH]68[/ATTACH] After [ATTACH]69[/ATTACH]
            Can this same code be used to do what I need?

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
              • Feb 2005
              • 1.1.x

Thread(s) / post(s), not with this code. You can select which forums to hides, as they are created created once and you know where thet are all the time. If you try using a conditional statement, then how would you know which threadid to block, as you would not know where the next posting will appear under. It is not impossible to create a mathmatically equation of the probabilities of what would be the next thread (id) in all your forums, it just will not filter all the ones that are made from that forum.

To use that code, then no.

Comment

• rsgvb
                • Oct 2007
                • 3.6.x

Thread(s) / post(s), not with this code. You can select which forums to hides, as they are created created once and you know where thet are all the time. If you try using a conditional statement, then how would you know which threadid to block, as you would not know where the next posting will appear under. It is not impossible to create a mathmatically equation of the probabilities of what would be the next thread (id) in all your forums, it just will not filter all the ones that are made from that forum.

To use that code, then no.
                Im not looking to hide individual/specifc threads or posts. Im trying to hide the sub-forums thread content from front page view, without hiding the parent forums content. And I want to block any/all threads of a specific sub-forum from showing on the 'Last Post' on its parent forum.

Ive already used this code successfully to remove the 'Last Post' info when viewing the sub-forum from its own level(inside the parent forum). What Im trying to do is call out a sub-forum from pushing its info up to the parent forum's 'Last Post' on the forumhome.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 1.1.x

I still think that this author of this modification would be the one to help you in this matter, as he has a better understanding in maybe how to do what you want.

Comment

• rsgvb
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 3.6.x

Before asking my questions both here and at vb.org, I already had searched almost every vb forum for an answer, and installed and tried Cybernetec's Sub-Forum manager, as well as the 'Last Post enhancements' hack of this that works in unison with the Sub-Forum manager. If it can do what I want to do, I cant find it.

Sounds like I'm SOL. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 1.1.x

You can request the author of that modification to add in that option, as it would make since to have an option to stop display of posting...

Is this forum you want not other groups to have access to it and if so, why not just make forum private and edit per group 'Forum Permission > Forum Viewing Permissions > Can View Forum' That will then not show subforum and and thread on forum index in column 'Last Post'.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...