X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ekka
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.6.x

Private messages lost but in database

The number of private messages showing in the users CP is still there, like 97 etc.

However the default date for all messages is

10.00AM1st January 1970

I repair/optimized tables and any errors were fixed however the PM's are missing from CP of members.

Any new messages sent/received are OK since that table problem. Is there an SQL query I can run to get these PM's back? Records indicate they are still there in the database but something went wrong and got the unusual date for them all.
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

What happened prior to this problem occurring? Have you imported from another software or installed any modifications before this started?

Comment

• Ekka
      • Jan 2007
      • 3.6.x

I went into the server side of things to see table status. Had a number of tables with errors it reckons.

Has an option to repair them, you just click, which I did.

It then said the error remained.

I went into Admin Cp and ran the repair/optimize tables thing. Had to run it 3 times to get them sorted and then it was OK. But the info in the PM's is stuffed. Like it cant read the table or something. I go into the table server side and can see the info is there.

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

Please submit a support ticket and include your AdminCP, FTP and phpmyadmin information in the sensitive information field along with as much information as possible about the problem and a link back to this thread.

Comment

• fiatClub
          • Dec 2007

we have the same problem

Hi,

we have the same problem. the count is right, and new PMs are working fine - but we can't view old PMs.

is there a fix for it we can run?

please advise.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Please start your own thread with all the revelant details.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...