X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razasharp
    • Feb 2005
    • 3.7.x

Sites You Recommend

If you want to post sites you recommend that are related to vB in some way please feel free to use this thread.

I thought rather than plonk squllions of sites in my sig I could post them here and then simply link to my post in my sig. Still in beta yet so it's just an idea at present - but maybe you'll want to use it too.
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?
  • Razasharp
    • Feb 2005
    • 3.7.x

Here are some sites I recommend. They are all do do with running a vB forum in some way. And I've added some of my own sites too (saves putting them all in my sig!).

vB related

vbulletin.org - the place where you'll find the most vb related hacks.

vbnova.com - brilliant vB related resource, they have a FREE mod request section too

vbadvanced.com - if you need a front page for your site, it's nice and easy. They also have other scripts, such as vBa Dynamics, which you can use for articles etc.

thevbgeek.com - scripts for vB, most notably their GARS script which can be used for articles etc

nuHit.com - if you need a vB SEO plug in they have one called nuSeo.

PHP related

talkphp.com - excellent forum for those interested in php, especially useful as many people there own and run vB forums themselves.

phpvideotutorials.com - fantastic place to learn PHP, you can now even buy courses which are very good going by the first one.

php.net - php's homepage.

Hosting / Dedicated Servers related

servstra.com - excellent managed servers, I have used them in the past.

liquidweb.com - managed servers

softlayer.com - servers (not managed)

Please also see this thread with regards to their datacenter speeds.

Some of my sites

Gamesey.com - The Gaming Site that is Refreshingly different!
    Includes PS3 Forums, 360 Forums, Wii Forums and PC forums.

YoPhotographer.com - brand new photography forums - still in beta so does not have a custom design yet - but will do soon!

Comment

• Chazel
      • Nov 2007

I'd reccomend TheAdminZone to anyone who needs general help with starting a community, or even need help with vBulletin in general, but this would be the better place for that.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

A site for vBulletin Fans ... vBulletin-Fans.com
        I recommend webhosting talk and sitepoint too.

Comment

• AWS
          • Apr 2000
          • 5.2.x

If you run vbulletin on Windows Server my blog might be of interest.

Off topic mode.
          Razasharp your Gamesey forum has one of the freshest looking styles I've seen in a while. Really breaks the mold of what is out there. Good job.
          Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• Razasharp
            • Feb 2005
            • 3.7.x

Thanks for the kind words AWS
            We're actually in the process of rebranding, with a new name and look (along with an editorial front to the site)

Comment

• AWS
              • Apr 2000
              • 5.2.x

I can't wait to see it. If what you have now is any indication of what it will look like it should be awesome.
              Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• Razasharp
                • Feb 2005
                • 3.7.x

It's erm.... going to be fairly different lol. The only real similarities will be how forumhome and forumdisplay is laid out - I think everything else has pretty much changed I think it's better, I hope everyone else does too (I will have to jump off a cliff if they don't!).

The current Gamesey borrowed most of its ideas from my other site.

A lot of work has gone into Gamesey v2 - at the moment I am agonising over which back end to use; Drupal/hacked vB/vb+gars/vb+vba dynamics/drupal+vb/custom - they all have strengths and weaknesses. I am trying to stay as much vB as possible tho, as the site will be heavily focused on the community.

Thanks again for the kind words!
                Last edited by Razasharp; Fri 25 Jan '08, 8:29pm.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                  • Jun 2002

I guess Steadfast didn't make it to your cut of ISPs
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Razasharp
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 3.7.x

Sorry MJ! I didn't get time to check them out properly, and kind of got attracted to the co location idea that AWS put into my head lol. If that doesn't go ahead I will be sure to give them a proper look.. promise!

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                      • Jun 2002

LOL....Steadfast has colocation too ya know
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Razasharp
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 3.7.x

Lol, never really though of co locating abroad tbh, I'd prob want it here in the UK - esp if I need to be the server tech too.

Do they offer fully managed co location services? If so I might check em out

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                          • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Razasharp
                          Lol, never really though of co locating abroad tbh, I'd prob want it here in the UK - esp if I need to be the server tech too.

Do they offer fully managed co location services? If so I might check em out
                          COLOHOUSE SERVICES COLOCATION Your data center location matters. Our focus is to provide the infrastructure that will give you the ability to allocate more resources toward your business needs. PRIVATE CLOUD We give our customers the flexibility to also incorporate owned equipment, hosted solutions, and elastic components to create the best-fitting environment MANAGED SERVICES Our […]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...