How do i disable the blog link in navbar?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alfa1
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

How do i disable the blog link in navbar?

I cant find the setting for it.
    I buy 420 forums
  • Onimua
    • Apr 2005

There's no option to disable that link; I think you'd have to end up just removing the code from the template.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Alfa1
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

I removed
      PHP Code:
      $template_hook[navbar_buttons_left
      from the navbar template and that did it.
      Last edited by Alfa1; Mon 7 Jan '08, 7:43am.
      I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Onimua
        • Apr 2005

Hm... Personally, I would've removed the contents of the template rather than removing a hook, in case an add-on (official or not) or other item you want to do to your board needs that hook.

Just saying.

Comment

• Alfa1
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.8.x

You are right. That is indeed a better plan. But honestly. I do not completely understand how hooks -> templates work. I could not find a template navbar_buttons_left so I wouldn't know what to edit.

I have modified my navbar so much that it has little to do with the default navbar. I know it might have been much better to use the hooks and create templates for the edits, but I don't know how.
          I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Onimua
            • Apr 2005

That's the name of the template hook, not the template. What you're looking for is blog_navbar_link.

To see how it's actually done, just look at the hooks the blog uses; for example, the one that uses the template hook for the navbar buttons on the left side is (in usercp_nav_complete hook):
            PHP Code:
            eval('$template_hook[\'usercp_navbar_bottom\'] .= "' fetch_template('blog_usercp_nav_link') . '";'); 
            There's also a number of vBorg articles that help and talk in detail about this too; although some PHP knowledge does help.

Comment

• Jim O
              • Apr 2006
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Alfa1
              I cant find the setting for it.
              I was wondering how to edit it myself. Why did you want to disable it?

Originally posted by Onimua
              That's the name of the template hook, not the template. What you're looking for is blog_navbar_link.
              Thanks. That answered my question.
              World War Two Zone

JLK Hosting - non-oversold Virtuozzo VPS solutions - specializing in vBulletin and nginx hosting

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...