X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Booth
    • Jan 2005
    • 4.2.X

3.7 beta running very slow on live site

I installed the 3.7 beta 2 on my quieter live site and have found it's running very slow. I had no problem with running 3.6.8, it was very quick.

If I switch the option to not go over 5.0 (server load) in admin, the site gives the message "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." So that gives you an indication of how much the server load is.

Is this normal for the beta?
    Pleased Sheep Films - Independent Filmmakers
    Blackburn Web - an online community for Blackburn in Lancashire (thanks to Mark B for the tips)
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I have not noticed any appreciable load increase. Is this a dedicated server? Is traffic the same? Any problem processes on the server?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Booth
      • Jan 2005
      • 4.2.X

It's a shared server but 3.6.8 worked like a charm.

Is there any settings in admin that may have been ticked on by default which may be slowing the site down? For example I noticed that user album uploads where being stored in the database which I've now changed to a folder on the server.
      Blackburn Web - an online community for Blackburn in Lancashire (thanks to Mark B for the tips)

Comment

• xadoa
        • Aug 2004

same here, after upgrade to 3.7b2, it takes too long.. the load increase so fast ... the 3.6.8 worked well.. even thought my server is dual xeon 3.0 16 gigs ram, 1.5 terra running on raid 5.. still slow for 3.7b2

Comment

• aff2k4
          • Aug 2006
          • 3.6.x

I've personally not run into any slowness after upgrading my live site. It's working flawlessly (other than the blog upgrade which I just inquired about )

Comment

• Booth
            • Jan 2005
            • 4.2.X

Okay an update. It seems the site is now running at an okay speed. Not as fast as 3.6.8 but not something you would complain about.

Must have been the server, but my host hasn't posted any service alerts and they usually do if the problem is more than a ten minute fix. It's been slow all day.

Comment

• Dan Simon
              • Mar 2004
              • 3.6.x

You may want to try running myisamchk to clean up your indices.....the upgrade makes a number of large-scale changes to the database which will affect the indexing.

Comment

• user02934123123
                • Apr 2006
                • 4.1.x

I can confirm a rather notable decrease in speed after the upgrade to 3.7 as well.

Comment

• Abjds.com
                  • Aug 2007

I just wanted to report that we're getting increased server load as well, at least double or more what we had before, but with the same number of users and activity.

Comment

• Ranger375
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 4.0.x

Works fine for me.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Booth
                      Okay an update. It seems the site is now running at an okay speed. Not as fast as 3.6.8 but not something you would complain about.

Must have been the server, but my host hasn't posted any service alerts and they usually do if the problem is more than a ten minute fix. It's been slow all day.
                      Index updates could have still been running behind the scenes from the upgrade process.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Booth
                        • Jan 2005
                        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                        Index updates could have still been running behind the scenes from the upgrade process.
                        Thanks for letting us know, it seems to be running at 3.6.8 speed now so I have my fingers crossed that you're right. I'll see what happens when the users who couldn't get on today, come back tomorrow.

Comment

• GHOwner
                          • Jun 2007
                          • 3.8.x

Insure you've disabled any incompatible mods as well. See if that helps. We have this on a newish live board (100+ members, usually 5+ users on constantly) and don't notice any load issues.

Comment

• HenryG2
                            • Mar 2002
                            • 3.8.x

Could it be that the javascript has not been compressed?

Comment

• Booth
                              • Jan 2005
                              • 4.2.X

I think it may have been a server issue, which is a real coincidence because I can't remember the last time we had a server issue. However today I've found that the server is down for 'essential server maintenance'.

So that could be the problem. Apparently there was a security upgrade to the server last weekend and there's been issues regarding it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...