X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dieselpowered
    • Aug 2004
    • 4.2.X

Performance - Slowness

Curious to know if anyone else has noticed a large performance issue when upgrading to 3.7.0 B2

I know this is BETA software, therefore, I am not looking to trouble shoot...Just wanting to get input from others.
    CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com
  • noppid
    • May 2003

Are there any particular areas or queries that you can point out that give this perception? I'd be glad to try and dupliacte soemthing if you said, "try this". But, a test forum is well, not very busy with one user accessing it.

I'm curious how you reached this conclusion. Seat of the pants or metrics?
    Computer Help Forum
    An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

• Kaelon
      • Jan 2002
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by xtremeoff-road
      Curious to know if anyone else has noticed a large performance issue when upgrading to 3.7.0 B2

I know this is BETA software, therefore, I am not looking to trouble shoot...Just wanting to get input from others.
      I've actually noticed performance improvements on my live/production site.

Comment

• dieselpowered
        • Aug 2004
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by noppid
        Are there any particular areas or queries that you can point out that give this perception? I'd be glad to try and dupliacte soemthing if you said, "try this". But, a test forum is well, not very busy with one user accessing it.

I'm curious how you reached this conclusion. Seat of the pants or metrics?
        I was simply asking if others were experiencing anything...it was a question not a statement, it very well could be my server having issues. Thats all

Originally posted by Kaelon
        I've actually noticed performance improvements on my live/production site.
        That is good to hear my friend, my server or connection may just be acting up.

Comment

• Booth
          • Jan 2005
          • 4.2.X

I am unfortunately

Just posted this...
          Pleased Sheep Films - Independent Filmmakers
          Blackburn Web - an online community for Blackburn in Lancashire (thanks to Mark B for the tips)

Comment

• dieselpowered
            • Aug 2004
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Booth
            I am unfortunately

Just posted this...
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252857
            Ya I just read through that...actually I just checked my site and it appears to be running just fine now, I think in my instance I was just having connection / server slowness

Wishing the best on your site!!

Something to try could be to see what the load is on the entire server...I wonder if someone on your shared server is running processor intensive applications right now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...