• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tort
    • Apr 2007
    • 3.6.x

There is no "customize profile" in usercp

I have searched the forums to no avail for the following question:

I can not seem to activate this feature or I am missing something else. I appreciate all help I get.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You have to set the Profile Styling Permissions permissions in the Usergroup settings.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Tort
      • Apr 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      You have to set the Profile Styling Permissions permissions in the Usergroup settings.
      Those settings are all enabled. It is also not the template because I am looking at the forum in its default template and style.

At the top of my profile options I have this under enable user profile features:

An error occured while processing the bitfield files, the following information was returned: Bitfield Collision: credits_cantearn = prefixrequired

UPDATE:

from vbcredits:

I know of one problem so far.. bitfield file conflicts User Profile Options in the admin so you can't use Customize Profile in 3.7.0 beta 2.....

luckily for me, i was just toying with the plugin and can easily dispense with it,

DOUBLE UPDATE:

It seems it cant be uninstalled due to a database error...:lol: But will manual deletion do it?

Last edited by Tort; Mon 17 Dec '07, 10:19pm.

Comment

• SoberNClean
        • Sep 2007
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Mine are all set to yes and there is nothing there to change colors of profile. I just did anew upload and I used a default upload also and it still isn't right. I did happen to get the update.php this time but only because someone from here was kind enough to assist me for 2 hours.

So why wouldn't we have any way of controling our user cp like we did here?

Comment

• SoberNClean
          • Sep 2007
          • 3.8.x

plus I just logged in as a plain user and there is nothing in there either and all fields are marked enabled. No photo galery also in usergroups for registered users and they are enabled.

Comment

• Tort
            • Apr 2007
            • 3.6.x

cant uninstall vbcredits.......i love it when you cant uninstall something..

WARNING: VB CREDITS will disable your ability to use custom profiles.

Comment

• Tort
              • Apr 2007
              • 3.6.x

Database error in vBulletin 3.7.0 Beta 2:

Invalid SQL:
              ALTER TABLE `vb_user`
              DROP `credits_numrefs`,
              DROP `credits_canget`;

MySQL Error : Can't DROP 'credits_canget'; check that column/key exists
              Error Number : 1091
              Date : Tuesday, December 18th 2007 @ 01:57:23 AM
              Script : http://www.madcastgaming.com/forums/...do=productkill
              Referrer : http://www.madcastgaming.com/forums/...tid=credits&s=
              IP Address : 97.84.151.160

any help?

Comment

• EvilAkuma
                • Jan 2005

Tort,

Please keep in mind that this is a unstable software. So, install hacks can make it a little worst till vBulletin release a 'Gold' version.

If you wish to enable 'Customize Profile' in the user control panel. You'll need to go to 'vBulletin Options' and look for 'User Profile Options' and enabling it by check marking the 'Profile Style.'

Best Regards,

James
                Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

• Tort
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by EvilAkuma
                  Tort,

Please keep in mind that this is a unstable software. So, install hacks can make it a little worst till vBulletin release a 'Gold' version.

If you wish to enable 'Customize Profile' in the user control panel. You'll need to go to 'vBulletin Options' and look for 'User Profile Options' and enabling it by check marking the 'Profile Style.'

Best Regards,

James
                  James,

Please be advised that the entire issue I am discussing surrounds the very notion that "Profile Style" does not exist as an option for me. Instead, the error pasted above appears. The error above is related to vbcredits being incompatible with 3.7. I then tried to uninstall the hack as it was useless to me, and I had installed it just to tinker with it with an eye toward some future project. However, the hack is obviously conflicting with custom profiles which are more important to me than the hack. So as to avoid similar confusion in the future, I will further condense my questions:

1. Does anyone here know how to fix that database error?
                  2. If the database error can not be alleviated, is there a method to manually undo all that the hack did?

Regards,

Tort.

Comment

• EvilAkuma
                    • Jan 2005

Tort,

If vBCredit is getting you an error. I suggest you contact the owner that created that hack.

1: There is a chance that 50/50 that I can fix it.
                    2: The only way is by using the back-up you did before installing a hack and/or upgrading the forum.

There is no other way unless you hire a professional to do this at vBulletin.org.

Best Regards,

James
                    Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

• Tort
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 3.6.x

Tort,

If vBCredit is getting you an error. I suggest you contact the owner that created that hack.

1: There is a chance that 50/50 that I can fix it.
                      2: The only way is by using the back-up you did before installing a hack and/or upgrading the forum.

There is no other way unless you hire a professional to do this at vBulletin.org.

Best Regards,

James
                      James,

Your suggestion was effectively preempted when I contacted the creator of the hack. This post was made in the off chance that someone here could help me, and not as a substitute for contacting the creator of the hack, but I appreciate your suggestion.

1. I am open to your suggestions.
                      2. I have no backup from the time before the hack was added, but I do have a copy of a backup before I upgraded the forums today.

As to your suggestion of hiring a professional, there is of course, the ultimate option of nuking the whole forum and installing a fresh copy with not hacks, so I respectfully disagree with your summation that three total options exist for a proscribed course of conduct. I would like avoiding installing a fresh copy for obvious reasons.

All the best,

Tort.
                      Last edited by Tort; Mon 17 Dec '07, 11:44pm.

Comment

• EvilAkuma
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Tort
                        James,

Your suggestion was effectively preempted when I contacted the creator of the hack. This post was made in the off chance that someone here could help me, and not as a substitute for contacting the creator of the hack, but I appreciate your suggestion.

1. I am open to your suggestions.
                        2. I have no backup from the time before the hack was added, but I do have a copy of a backup before I upgraded the forums today.

As to your suggestion of hiring a professional, there is of course, the ultimate option of nuking the whole forum and installing a fresh copy with not hacks, so I respectfully disagree with your summation that three total options exist for a proscribed course of conduct.

All the best,

Tort.
                        Tort,

If you have AIM, or MSN. Please add the following to see if I can attempt this to fix the error.

EvilAkuma2006 is my AIM
                        [email protected] is my MSN.

That's why, you have back-up incase you hire a professional and he/she decide to do something to your community.

Best Regards,

James
                        Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

• Tort
                          • Apr 2007
                          • 3.6.x

Tort,

If you have AIM, or MSN. Please add the following to see if I can attempt this to fix the error.

EvilAkuma2006 is my AIM
                          [email protected] is my MSN.

That's why, you have back-up incase you hire a professional and he/she decide to do something to your community.

Best Regards,

James
                          Thanks for all of your help, you went way beyond what is usually to be expected.

Comment

• EvilAkuma
                            • Jan 2005

Tort,

Glad to help.

Best Regards,

James
                            Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

Please note that help is desired to be done over these forums, not in private outside these forums. It is a HUGE privacy/security risk to share your details with other users on this forum. I am NOT saying this user has bad intentions, but eventually you will run into someone who has. With ftp and admincp access they can 'steal' your license.

Also, the vbcredits is an addon, we can't provide support for it here. Please contact vbcredits author on their support department for an update. Or wait until they have a new version for 3.7.0 stable.

Remember: 3.7 is in beta, meaning we do not recommend to run this on a live site unless you know what you're doing.

The above is all as a 'for your information', if you have any further support questions feel free to ask.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...