Who here is stuck using Proboards due to no export option for Proboards?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mac Write
    • Oct 2001
    • 4.2.x

Who here is stuck using Proboards due to no export option for Proboards?

Who here is wanting to move to vbulletin but can't do to having a forum on ProBoards and being "trapped" by no export option therefor having to stay on Proboards?
  • dieselpowered
    • Aug 2004
    • 4.2.X

Is there no way to do a database dump via SSH?
    CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Comment

• ManagerJosh
      • Jun 2002

Proboards is like ezBoards in the ensense they manage and retain everything.
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• SSSlippy
        • Jan 2006

Ive seen it done but you basically need a bot to crawl the site and download everything.

Comment

• MrNase
          • Jun 2003
          • 3.8.x

How bad is that? I would never sign-up for that kind of service even if it was free.
          That's the end of that!

Comment

• 1QuickSI
            • Oct 2001

You can most definatly import EZBoards but it is by special request only and is preformed by one of the JelSoft staff.
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
            PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Comment

• ---MAD---
              • Jun 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
              Proboards is like ezBoards in the ensense they manage and retain everything.
              Ouch. Major ouch.

Comment

• Jerry
                • Dec 2002
                • 1.1.x

I know a few people on Proboards.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Quillz
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 5.0.X

I had a ProBoards back in the day.
                  Forums

Comment

• peterska2
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 3.7.x

One of my boards started off on proboards many moons ago. It's done the rounds of all the free boards in the early days too. I'd love to bring in our history properly one day to fill in the gaps.

Comment

• MRLEGEND
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 3.6.x

I bought vbulletin 6 months ago, and I'm stuck in limbo, because we can't transfer our stuff...

I've been scouring the net for something to help, nothing but dead ends...money down the drain

Comment

• MRGTB
                        • May 2005

You can't really blame Pro Boards, their offering you a FREE forum board to use at no expense to you. Of course in the process they get good advertising for themselves if your board is successful. They give you something for free, you give them something back in return.

So you don't really expect them to just let you switch all the threads to another forum board just like that do you?

One day people will learn that there nothing for "FREE". There is always a catch somewhere of some sorts. Be it leaving a link in a footer to link back to them, or whatever! It's quite rare on the net for anything to be free without there being a reason behind it!

Comment

• copiertalk
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 3.7.x

At some point your must descide between the growth of your community and the comfort you feel at your current situation.

Some members will stay with proboards. copiertalk had a foum on ezboards when it was founded and when we split from that community many people just did not feel comfortable leaving and started their own community there. Most members joined ours and now post on the new Ezboard community as well as ours. We are happy to have them and check in often on ezboard to check their progress. They are nice people and we wish them the best but we also feel that vbulletin and being our own host is a far better solution.

If they ever get large enouph to grow past ezboard again, They must make the same choice we did. Do we abandon what data we had for a better future or make due with the limitations of ezboard. We just pack our database and move where we want and set up shop. We had to give up several thousand posts and a couple of hundred members but we have now grown to almost 30k posts and 2k members( not counting weiwei).
                          www.Copiertalk.com - Everything Copier , Printer, Fax

Comment

• Quillz
                            • Nov 2004
                            • 5.0.X

I find that ProBoards, as far as free remotely hosted solutions go, is pretty good. The new v4.5 software is vastly improved over what the v3 software was like back when I signed up. Obviously, it will never beat a self-hosted solution, but for what you get, ProBoards is hardly bad at all.
                            Forums

Comment

• nneonneo
                              • Jul 2008

If anyone is mildly interested, I've got a suite of converters from multiple forums (Proboards, SuddenLaunch, Invisionfree/iPBfree, Forumotion, ActiveBoards, Yuku) to phpBB/SMF. They should help make moving easier, though there's no direct conversion to vBulletin (yet...)

They're posted at various places on the 'net, though you can also just e-mail me if you'd like a copy.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...