X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shohin
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.6.x

Rank Images/How To?

OK, I'm still pretty new at this and am wandering about learning ever so slowly here. I have uploaded some RANK images (see attachments) to my server in the Image folder as to Administrator, Moderator etc., and wish to use more as to ranks as for contributors and so on.
    I have no idea where to install them under the user name. As an an example; my user name is Phil and underneath that it says Administrator. I wish in my case to install the Administrator image directly under my name and the same for the moderators with the appropriate rank image and also some various images as for contributors. I tried the User Ranks on the ACP but got no where. Just exactly where and how do I install these small images under a users name? Please, in layman's terms and step by step. Thanks for your much anticipated help.

Regards, Phil
    Attached Files
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

Use the user ranks manager in the AdminCP. When you have finished setting them up go to

AdminCP > Maintenance > Update Counters > Update User Titles & Ranks

More Information: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/user_ranks

Comment

• REVHEAD
      • Nov 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by shohin
      OK, I'm still pretty new at this and am wandering about learning ever so slowly here. I have uploaded some RANK images (see attachments) to my server in the Image folder as to Administrator, Moderator etc., and wish to use more as to ranks as for contributors and so on.
      I have no idea where to install them under the user name. As an an example; my user name is Phil and underneath that it says Administrator. I wish in my case to install the Administrator image directly under my name and the same for the moderators with the appropriate rank image and also some various images as for contributors. I tried the User Ranks on the ACP but got no where. Just exactly where and how do I install these small images under a users name? Please, in layman's terms and step by step. Thanks for your much anticipated help.

Regards, Phil
      Alittle off topic but were did you get the gif files ,i like them and hve downloaded them ,but if you have a link ,it would be great because I need a moderator 1
      sigpic

Comment

• shohin
        • Oct 2007
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by REVHEAD
        Alittle off topic but were did you get the gif files ,i like them and hve downloaded them ,but if you have a link ,it would be great because I need a moderator 1
        I got them at vBulletin.org > vBulletin Rank Sets. I believe the ones I posted here have the title of Vista Ranks or Basic Glass Ranks. They have many to choose from aside from other various useful images.

Regards, Phil

Comment

• shohin
          • Oct 2007
          • 3.6.x

Well I got it working as it seems I overlooked the fact about the Minimum Posts. Seeing that the site is closed and still being worked on I only had two posts on the site so I set it to 1.

Now, there is something else I can't quite figure out. No matter what I do I can't seem to get rid of the Administrator title. As you can see from the picture I enclosed that I have the name Administrator with the rank image button below it also saying Administrator. A bit redundant. How can I get rid of the word Administrator by my user name and simply have the rank image only? I'm sure it's something very simple that I'm just overlooking or missing.

Regards, Phil
          Attached Files

Comment

• REVHEAD
            • Nov 2007
            • 3.6.x

I would like to remove the tiel completely at well ,but I did fins somewhat of a fix ,login to your forum and click on USERPROFILE>USER OPTIONSthis will then log you into CP and there you edit the User title.

I found it not liking the title blank ,I dont know if im missing something ,so to correct this I just put a fullstop in the title,I allso seect allow the user to change title.

To update the image without a postcount you can just go into CP> MAINTENANCE> UPDATE COUNTERS > UPDATE USER TITLES AND RANKS ,but this again resets the usertitle ,but it will allow you to update your rank images for yourself and users without posting.
            sigpic

Comment

• REVHEAD
              • Nov 2007
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by shohin
              Well I got it working as it seems I overlooked the fact about the Minimum Posts. Seeing that the site is closed and still being worked on I only had two posts on the site so I set it to 1.

Now, there is something else I can't quite figure out. No matter what I do I can't seem to get rid of the Administrator title. As you can see from the picture I enclosed that I have the name Administrator with the rank image button below it also saying Administrator. A bit redundant. How can I get rid of the word Administrator by my user name and simply have the rank image only? I'm sure it's something very simple that I'm just overlooking or missing.

Regards, Phil

I found this fix ,and it works like a charm enjoy
              sigpic

Comment