Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xms
    • Mar 2005

Merging two Vbulletin installs

Hi guys, my site has just taken over another forum and we are trying to import their users/posts into our forum.

However, when I get to the importing users stage, I am getting this error and none of the users are imported:

Code:
    [B]Importing 1318 Users[/B]

[B]From[/B] : 0 ::  [B]To[/B] : 1318

Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7462
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7463
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7464
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7465
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7466
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7467
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7468
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7469
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7470
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7471
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7472
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7473
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7474
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7475
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7476
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography - Msc in Mechanical Engineering - 7477
    Invalid, skipping. Failed on : import_user_field_value - Biography -  - 7478
    Initially I thought it may have been because out forum was on 3.65 and the other forum was on 3.63, but after upgrading both forums to 3.68P2, it still does the same thing.

Help!
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

Can you start a support ticket and ask for me, I've seen this once before though couldn't recreate it.

Try switching the source and target around, i.e. reverse the import.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• TeddyKGB
      • Mar 2006

Would you be so kind as to provide any updates on this? I am seeing the EXACT same thing when we try to import another forums data. There isn't much info on this error out there.

I first thought is was because the userfields are customizable and what is in field 1 in the source table might not fit in field 1 in the target table. I tried to renumerate the fields in the source table so they matched up (biograhpy to biography) but that doesn't seem to fix it.

Thanks

Comment

• scdurwood
        • Aug 2006

We are still getting the error when trying to import users.

Here are the steps we took:

1) created a copy of original board and established a running board.
        2) attempted to import copy of source board for test run
        3) get snagged by the biography error when running impex.

Ideas?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jerry
            • Dec 2002
            • 1.1.x

I've updated the ImpEx download to stop this happening.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...