Neglected site needs help getting off the ground.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Offthepace
    • Apr 2007
    • 3.6.x

Neglected site needs help getting off the ground.

Any advise I can get here will be appreciated.

At the present time, I have no problems with vBulletin or my server. My site has been dormant for many reasons, most of all time constraints and the inability on my part to properly advertise. (Cost restraints due to being a not for profit site)

I tried google and yahoo's adware program, "keywords" and that flopped. If it wasn't for vBulletin I wouldn't be visiable at all to speak of, those key words are a mixed bag, that's for sure.

Now I have the time, I'm willing to learn and put some money into promoting my site. Just to make you aware, I'm not computer savvy, nor do I understand how advertising online actually works without spending a lot of money.

Thanks,

offthepace
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Why not give us a link to your site, as their is no way of knowing what is wrong.

The layout, content or maybe to many things going on with your site.

Comment

• Offthepace
      • Apr 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
      Why not give us a link to your site, as their is no way of knowing what is wrong.

The layout, content or maybe to many things going on with your site.
      Thanks Jose; Here's the link. http://www.vmeoffthepace.com/index.php
      or just offthepace.com

Comment

• Offthepace
        • Apr 2007
        • 3.6.x

Steve Machol

Just to let know, I did not intentionally double post. Please delete the other.

Thanks.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
          • Feb 2005
          • 1.1.x

You better start adding content and or some race results and or posting of an event to happen. Content does not happen on it own, you need to start with something first. You maybe then will get users coming in, but it is upto you to make sure they stay.

Comment

• Offthepace
            • Apr 2007
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
            You better start adding content and or some race results and or posting of an event to happen. Content does not happen on it own, you need to start with something first. You maybe then will get users coming in, but it is upto you to make sure they stay.
            Admittedly the site hasn't been a priority. Latly I've checked out other like sites and I agree I need "content". Most have links to other racing sites. So the question is how do I go about getting links to others, also what will be required of me to post those links on my site?

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...