X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Factory Ten
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.6.x

Can't Add Attachments Over 32k

I'm running into some issues with attachments. Specifically, my site doesn't seem to want to allow any attachments above 30k in size. If a user attempts to upload something, vB just says its uploading and stays like that forever.

I've checked in Attachment Manager and am allowing files up to 300k to be uploaded, for all image types as well as being 1024 x 1024. Furthermore I've disabled the few Products that I've imported into my system. Still, nothing.

Any idea why this is happening?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

In addition to the vB settings, the allowed size of the attachments depends on the PHP and MySQL configuration. You may need to check and change the upload size for both PHP and for MySQL. Note, you'll need to have root access to the server to do this (or have your host do it.) Make these changes to php.ini:

upload_max_filesize = xM

..and my.cnf (or my.ini for Windows systems)

set-variable=max_allowed_packet=xM

Change it to the size ('x') you want in Megabytes. Restart the webserver and MySQL after making these changes.

Note: Do NOT use MB, just M for the megabytes setting.

You may also need to increase the max_execution_time and max_input_time variables in php.ini.

Also you might want to take a look at this for other settings that affect file uploads:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Factory Ten
      • Oct 2006
      • 3.6.x

My upload_max_filesize is 7 megs so that doesn't seem to be it. Max post size is 8 megs and my memory limit is 90 megs. Those all seem okay. Are there any other attachments settings I'm overlooking?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Check the attachment permissions here:

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Permissions

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Factory Ten
          • Oct 2006
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Check the attachment permissions here:

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Permissions
          Negative Ghost Rider. Everything there looks fine.

Just to make sure its not me, this is a screenshot of my Attachment Manager:

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Then it's either due to a plugin or there is something on your server causing this. I can't imagine what else would cause this if the permissions are set correctly.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Factory Ten
              • Oct 2006
              • 3.6.x

I'll speak with my hosting provider. Thank you for your time.

Comment

• Factory Ten
                • Oct 2006
                • 3.6.x

Just in case this helps at all, I can add the attachment if its hosted on another website. Just not upload it from my Mac. Hmm...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...