• Show
Clear All
  • ThreeD
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

Add # of comments below blog entries?

Right now per default the blog user info looks like this:

Comments <- Add this line?

Is there any way we can add the total # of comments made by a user below "Blog entries" in blog_sidebar_user?

I tried

Code:
    <li class="smallfont"><span class="shade">$vbphrase[blog_comments]:</span> $userinfo[comments]</li>
    but that didn't work.

thanks
    Last edited by ThreeD; Sun 2 Sep '07, 2:29am.
  • Freddie Bingham
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • May 2000
    • 1.1.x

Comments refers to the number of comments that their blog has received. We don't track the number of comments that a user has made. If that is what you want then you need to edit all of the blog plugins that begin with "Postbit: Fetch blog information". Change $hook_query_fields .= ",blog_user.entries"; to $hook_query_fields .= ",blog_user.entries, blog_user.comments AS blog_comments";

Comment

• ThreeD
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.6.x

thanks Freddie Do I only have to edit the postbit_ plugins if I want the info to show up in the blog as well?
      Last edited by ThreeD; Tue 4 Sep '07, 9:55pm.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
        • May 2000
        • 1.1.x

No, it depends on what page(s) that you are referring to.

Comment

• ThreeD
          • Aug 2006
          • 3.6.x

I want it to show in the "user sidebar" on the blog along with the location, post and blog entries information. I also want to display the # of comments made on the "member information page" on the main forum.

Is it possible to also add the last blog entry to the forums "member info page"? I alread found the info about "blog entries", and the option to search for all blog posts, but not the last blog entry posted.

thanks Freddie, appreciate your help.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
            • May 2000
            • 1.1.x

For the sidebar try $userinfo[comments] or $bloginfo[comments]. Try $userinfo[comments] on the profile page.

Showing the latest entry in the profile requires more changes than I can list here but you'll see it in the next maintenance release (1.0.1).

Comment

• ThreeD
              • Aug 2006
              • 3.6.x

Thanks again Freddie, $userinfo[comments] and $bloginfo[comments] didn't work in the blog sidebar so it beats me how I can show the number of comments a user has made.

I assume I would have to edit other plugins than the postbit_* plugins to calculate the total number of comments a user has made. If you have any idea what plugins I have to edit I'd be happy

Will the total # comments made by a user also be in the 1.0.1 version update?

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                • May 2000
                • 1.1.x

As I said, we only track the number of a comments per blog, not made per user. I don't forsee tracking comments made at this time.

Comment

• ThreeD
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 3.6.x

ok thanks Freddie

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...