X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dsts6
    • Aug 2007
    • 3.6.x

vbseo and photopost, should I use them?

I need a seo for my vb site. is vb seo the best way to go or should I be considering other companies or custom seo's.
    Photopost: Does photopost support videos and are they streaming videos? Are there any good alternatives to photopost. I want both a gallery for pictures and a gallery for videoes. I don't mind if they are seperate galleries or the same gallery. What do you suggest is the best gallery for videos.
    Thanks
    dsts6
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

Try asking photopost, they could better answer that question for you really

Comment

• FreshFroot_
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.8.x

There are FREE options at vbulletin.org

Zoints SEO is free and great.

I know there is a gallery hack for picture there too.

Comment

• Comtech
        Banned
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.6.x

vBSEO is the only professional based Search Engine Optimization software available for the vBulletin product. There are no good alternatives to it.

vBSEO has a dedicated staff of developers, support and various other staff members. Zoints SEO is ok, and only ok. The creator of zoints seo wouldn't even use his own product, instead he purchased several licenses of vBSEO and proclaimed how great it was compared to anything he had seen for vBulletin and this includes his zoints product.

If you want the single best SEO tool for vBulletin, look at vBSEO - you can't go wrong. I've owned two licenses and have been 100% happy with it since the beginning of its launch, and I have been an owner since it began.

Comment

• Dean C
          • Mar 2002
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Discussions
          vBSEO is the only professional based Search Engine Optimization software available for the vBulletin product. There are no good alternatives to it.

vBSEO has a dedicated staff of developers, support and various other staff members. Zoints SEO is ok, and only ok. The creator of zoints seo wouldn't even use his own product, instead he purchased several licenses of vBSEO and proclaimed how great it was compared to anything he had seen for vBulletin and this includes his zoints product.

If you want the single best SEO tool for vBulletin, look at vBSEO - you can't go wrong. I've owned two licenses and have been 100% happy with it since the beginning of its launch, and I have been an owner since it began.
          I find that hard to believe.
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• MRGTB
            • May 2005

Well there was a point in that Zoints SEO thread over at vB.org if I remember right, where David Chapman actually asked to have it removed completely from vb.org at one point, basically admitting it just wasn't on par with vBSEO in a round-about way.

I must admit, it doesn't really say a lot either when he himself chooses to use vBSEO instead of his own hack.

Says it all really! And that alone should make your mind up to use vBSEO and not Zoints SEO.
            Last edited by MRGTB; Tue 14 Aug '07, 1:00am.

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
              Banned
              • Mar 2004
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by FreshFroot_
              There are FREE options at vbulletin.org

Zoints SEO is free and great.

I know there is a gallery hack for picture there too.
              Zoints SEO isn't great unless you define great by being undeveloped, buggy and unsupported.

Comment

• MRGTB
                • May 2005

Originally posted by Dean C
                I find that hard to believe.
                Why do you find it hard to believe?

Comment

• Freezerator
                  • May 2002
                  • 3.6.x

Because there is an alternative, nuSEO?
                  Dutch vBullletin users social group!

Comment

• MRGTB
                    • May 2005

Yeah, but then some of the code is still encoded in nuSEO using Ioncube, just like it is in vBSEO. But vBSEO is a superior product with much better updates and support as a whole in general.

So I really don't see nuSEO as being much competition really, the same way Zoints SEO isn't. Maybe a good cheaper alternative though!
                    Last edited by MRGTB; Tue 14 Aug '07, 3:01am.

Comment

• Comtech
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Freezerator
                      Because there is an alternative, nuSEO?
                      nuSEO is a product I have looked at.
                      It is my personal opinion that the creator of nuSEO gained access to the decrypted & Nulled copy of vBSEO 3.0.0 and simply rewrote it to create his/her own version.

It looks way too similar to vBSEO.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Discussions
                        nuSEO is a product I have looked at.
                        It is my personal opinion that the creator of nuSEO gained access to the decrypted & Nulled copy of vBSEO 3.0.0 and simply rewrote it to create his/her own version.

It looks way too similar to vBSEO.
                        prove it... unless you have any valid proof, you can't go around saying crap about a product you haven't used.

As far as I can tell, I've tried vBSEO and noticed no real difference between it and Zoints so far.

Also, isn't the owner of vbfaqs using it? Someone said he tried vbseo and regrets it.. it did NOTHING for his forum. I'll see if I can digg up his post.

BTW, I'm, not sure you should trust 3rd party plugins these days. Look at visionscripts, there offline now and anyone, who spent any cash has lost out. vBSEO could very well run into the same issue someday and same with photopost.

Comment

• Comtech
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 3.6.x

prove it... unless you have any valid proof, you can't go around saying crap about a product you haven't used.

I said in my personal opinion. Thus I don't need to prove it.

Comment

• MJM
                            • Dec 2001

BTW, I'm, not sure you should trust 3rd party plugins these days. Look at visionscripts, there offline now and anyone, who spent any cash has lost out. vBSEO could very well run into the same issue someday and same with photopost.
                            I wouldn't put PhotoPost in the same category.
                            It's used with other forum software and as a standalone product.
                            Plus they've been around for about as long as vBulletin.

The thing about photos is that users and/or admin may want to display the same photo in numerous contexts at a site, such as ...

- displayed in a members own gallery portfolio

- displayed within a community category which highlights a specific subject matter

- displayed optionally in other community subject related categories

- displayed in a personal album within a defined group of pics or timeline event, with the album either assigned to a community category subject and/or a members own gallery

- linked and displayed within any thread or post at the forum

Think about it, this example is of one single pic displayed in multiple locations, providing multiple viewing formats of thumbnail, medium and large.

If pics are a big part of your site and you want to provide multiple ways that your members can create their own gallery portfolio plus show them in forum postings then I heartidly recommend PhotoPost.
                            Mark

Comment

• Removed-836727
                              Banned by User Request
                              • Apr 2006

www.photoplog.com is an alternative to photopost

Comment