• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • athlon64bit
    • Oct 2006

thread number not showing correctly

Hello,

I have noticed a problem on my forum. The problem is as follows:

On particularly long threads with more than 50 or so pages the last page does not show as the last page.

I will explain better. Say there are 83 pages. You go to the last page but it will carry on and have an option to click on page 84, 85, 86, 87, 86 even though those pages don't exist. Now this problem does not exist for threads with aprox 50 pages or less.

The last page and posts show up ok but simply vbulletin is showing that there are more pages to be browsed that don't exist. I hope I am being clear.

More strangely this problem does not happen for administrators or super moderator user groups. It seems to only happen for regular registered users and moderators.

I have tried different web browsers and same problem.

It can be very confusing because people think there are more pages than exist and try to click on them and nothing happens (because the pages don't exist.

Does anyone have any ideas to the cause and the solution to this problem?
    Last edited by athlon64bit; Sat 19 May '07, 6:49am.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• athlon64bit
      • Oct 2006

Same problem. It didn't work.

What is wrong?
      Last edited by athlon64bit; Sun 20 May '07, 8:44am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Then this is from another modification.

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• evil kev
          • May 2004

we're having the exact same problem on our board too. i'm going to look into it.

Comment

• evil kev
            • May 2004

ok i think i've worked out what the problem is and how to stop it occuring. looking at the code changes the queries for getting posts were changed for how users who are tachied posts are collected. as i resolved it by just untachying everyone who was tachied.

this also explains why admins and mods aren't affected because they get the hidden posts still.

Comment

• athlon64bit
              • Oct 2006

Well done Kev. You are right. It is to do with Tachy goes to Coventry feature. This is a bug.

Will Vbulletin fix this problem in the next release? Can anyone from Vbulletin answer this thread?

I wonder should I report this as a bug.

Comment

• Boxy
                • Oct 2002

Yes, report this in the Bug Tracker so the dev's can investigate this further.

Comment

• John Stone
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 3.7.x

I'm having the same issue. I made a bug report since I didn't see one.
                  John Stone
                  http://www.johnstonefitness.com
                  http://forums.johnstonefitness.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...