Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theOZer
    • Mar 2007

Importing phpBB3 Beta forums

Has anyone had any luck importing a phpBB3 Beta forum?

I was able to import my phpBB2.0.22 version forum using the ImpEx phpBB2 for version 2.0.21 import. With the exception of the Smilies not quite loading properly the phpbb2.0.22 to vBulletin 3.6.5 import went smoothly.

I realize that phpBB3 currently is in Beta mode, but, seeing there was an ImpEx phpBB3 import available I tried it. From my lack of success it appears that at this point ImpEx v1.78 does not have the capability to import phpBB3 forums. When setting up my newest forum I went with phpBB3 over phpBB2 because phpBB3 has so much more to offer that phpBB2. I keep checking the phpBB web site but there's no new news about when and, even, if phpBB3 RC1 will be finalized and released. Bummer.
    Regards, theOZer
  • hinch
    • Apr 2001

i have a similar ish problem although the import partially worked using the latest phpbb3 and latest impex.

it failed on the importing forums section of the import due to not being able to find the DB table "forums" which didn't exist as i'd pre-fixed the table names with vb_

so it appears the bug was with impex not reading the prefix for the forum import (005.php)

i've reinstalled the vb now using no prefix's and will try a test import tonight from the phpbb forum let you know how it goes

Comment

• tomzx
      • Apr 2007
      • 3.6.x

I've been able to import from a phpBB beta 5 board. Let just say it was a bit long to get things running but I have everything in order.

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

The last board that I wrote the importer for was alpha, I was going to hold off until phpBB3 was released as otherwise i'd be doing a lot of changes.

Though seeing as its now in beta if someone wants to contact me (via the support system) I could update the importer for that, and then RC, and gold after than would seem prudent
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...