Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hensa
    • Mar 2007

adding/removing navbar links

I just want to add a link to my homepage to the navbar, and remove the 'calendar' link.
  • Icy
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

Admin CP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Edit Templates > navbar > Search for
    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="calendar.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[calendar]</a></td>
    Remove it. This 'll remove calender link from your navbar. Or you can replace it with
    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="your_home_page_url_here">Home Page</a></td>

Comment

• Hensa
      • Mar 2007

Great - thanks!

Comment

• Hensa
        • Mar 2007

It worked, but there seems to be quite a lot more space around this new link - 'Chains of Reason' - than around the other navbar links:

Is there anything I can do about this?

Also, how do I edit the 'User CP' link? I've found the code in the 'navbar' template, but I can only see 'user_cp', so I'm assuming 'User CP' is somewhere else.

Comment

• Icy
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.8.x

You can add different kinds of link here with your need. Also can put back the Calendar link. All you need is
          <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="your_custom_navbar_links_url_here">Navbar Links Name</a></td>
          This is your User CP link.
          <if condition="$show['member']">
          <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="usercp.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[user_cp]</a></td>
          </if>

Comment

• Hensa
            • Mar 2007

Thanks, but when I change 'user_cp' in the code you quote to, for example, 'xuser_cp', the link just disappears.

Also, is there a reason why there is a lot of space either side of the 'Chains of Reason' link?:

Comment

• Icy
              • Dec 2005
              • 3.8.x

The 'user_cp' itself is not a link. Its a phrase. So you shouldn't change it as there is no use of it. Yes you can edit the phrase 'user_cp' to what ever you need to show. But use Phrase Manager not the Template Manager.

Comment

• Colin F
                • May 2004

That's because that text is using phrases.
                You can replace $vbphrase[user_cp] with your text directly, changing it to UserCP for example, or adjust the user_cp phrase in your AdminCP.

You have a lot of empty space in the templates between the 'Chains of Reason' and the 'Register' link, try removing that.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Fireproof
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Icy
                  Admin CP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Edit Templates > navbar > Search for

Remove it. This 'll remove calender link from your navbar. Or you can replace it with
                  I was looking for this advice - thanks!

Question - I'm not quite sure how templates relate with the styles. Do we have to edit a navbar template under every style? And if I add a new style later, will I have to then remember to go do this? Or do they reference a common navbar template somehow?

Comment

• peterska2
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 3.7.x

Templates are a per style code. They are however inherited from parent styles to child styles providing that the template has no further edits in the child style.

In most cases you will need to make any changes to the templates for all styles that you have installed.

Comment

• slehmann
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Icy

I tried this and got it to show up on the navbar but when you clicked on the link it didn't work. it put the web address in for the forum with the homepage address right behind it. Am I doing something wrong? I am pretty new to all this.
                      www.fordtruckfanatics.com

Comment

• Icy
                        • Dec 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Post here the code you added.

Comment

• slehmann
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 3.6.x

I used the one you posted above.

<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="your_home_page_url_here">Home Page</a></td>

Comment

• Icy
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 3.8.x

:S. You 'll have to put an URL :S. Try

<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/">Home Page</a></td>

Comment

• slehmann
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 3.6.x

I'm sorry. I did put my URL in there but I'll try again and double check my code..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...