X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CCWBumper
    • Dec 2004
    • 3.8.x

Tranquil Hosting

Tranquil Hosting - http://www.tqhosting.com - Performance Plan (dedicated)

Pros:

1. Very good performance.

2. The best support I have ever experienced, and I have been through several hosts over the past few years. Mark Price's idea of customer service has pretty much been forgotten in today's world. He's actually helpful and responsive and, although I know this sounds corny, he really cares about his customers.

3. I've been with them for about a month and have had no downtime.

4. Very competitive prices on the hosting, but considering the level of customer service provided, Tranquil is, by comparison, cheap.

Cons:

1. To date, I can think of nothing to put under this. I don't think you can go wrong with this host.

There's also a story that goes along with this "review" of Tranquil Hosting, that you might find interesting and helpful if you ever find yourself in the predicament I was in.

We were previously hosted on a shared plan with Host Excellence, which had worked pretty well for us, for awhile. As we grew, though, my forum starting slowing down. I tuned and tweaked everything to make it run better. I finally came to the conclusion that we had outgrown the shared hosting environment and started discussing it with my members. Opening a donation link (which I have always avoided), our core members raised enough through donations to pay for a year of dedicated hosting. I had been referred to Tranquil Hosting by one of my moderators and had just about made the final decision to move over to their hosting services.

Then in the middle of the night one night, Host Excellence decided we were causing too much of a slowdown for their server and closed us down with no warning. To compound the problem, the method they used to take us down caused a catastrophic loss of my database containing over 18,000+ threads and 275,000+ posts. After contacting them they would not agree to bring the database up, even long enough for me to get the forum backed up and moved.

In a panic, I called Mark at Tranquil, explained my problem, and he said not to worry, that he would get me moved over as quickly as possible. I gave him the passwords to get in through FTP and through the console and he moved the whole site over for me while I continued to talk to almost everyone at Host Excellence trying to convince them to release my database. After several hours, Mark called me and said the site was up, with a couple of minor issues, but he would continue to work through those. And he did resolve them very quickly.

It turned out that he had to order our server, but to resolve our problem and get us back up and running, had placed us on one of his test servers, which worked out very well for us until ours came in. When it did come in, he dropped me an email and told me the server was in and he would have it complete and ready for us to move to our final home at my convenience. The next morning, while I was sound asleep, he moved us over with downtime of only a few minutes. I was elated to log into the forum that morning and find our members raving about how fast the site was. Mark still emails me periodically wanting to know how the site is going, if we are experiencing any problems or if there is anything they can do for us. I don't think I could get that kind of service anywhere else, at any price.

And, for the record, I don't know Mark personally, although I feel like I do. This is an honest example of how he runs his business. Anyone that is looking for dedicated hosting should give Mark a call at Tranquil Hosting or visit their website. You won't regret it.....
    Bumper
    Administrator
    ConservativeStronghold.com
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...