X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • n3v3rl4nd
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.6.x

FireFox WYSIWYG not working.

A new download was just released for FireFox. I don't know what it was for but FF prompted me to download it and I did. It stated to apply the download ASAP.

After I downloaded the new files, I noticed that the WYSIWYG editor stopped working. When I load any page that uses the editor I get placed automatically into code edit mode instead of WYSIWTG mode. None of the smiley faces are clickable. I tried to switch back into the other mode by clicking on that little button in the top-right corner of the editor but its grayed out and it doesn't work.

I don't have this problem with any other browser. Is this some new issue in the new version of FF? Or is there an ACP setting that got messed up?

Thanks.

Edit: I just noticed that it works find on this website so there must be something wrong in the ACP. I am using the default style and I have nothing installed on my forum. Only the default files that I downloaded from the members area.
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

This is probably a cache issue. Clear your cache and restart your browser.

Comment

• MeNeedHelp
      • Mar 2004
      • 3.6.x

I am having the same problem.

When using the WYSIWYG editor the form focus seems to be stuck on the 'Align left' button.
      This problem does not manifest itself when using the Standard editor.

The error that appears in the error console is:

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIDOMNSHTMLDocument.queryCommandState]" nsresult: "0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER)"

This stems from the clientscript/vbulletin_textedit.js file.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
        • Sep 2001

What version are you using? I'm using 2.0.0.2 without problems so it may be sporadic.
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• MeNeedHelp
          • Mar 2004
          • 3.6.x

I'm using 2.0.0.3

When the FULL WYSIWYG editor finishes loading I have to click on any of the buttons otherwise I cannot enter the message box.

Edit:
          Also, this only happens when replying without a quote or starting a thread.
          I have cleared all cookies, restarted browser etc. to no avail.
          Last edited by MeNeedHelp; Fri 23 Mar '07, 4:33pm.

Comment

• rlpartida
            • Jan 2006

Anyone found the answer for this??

Im having the same problem...

Thx

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...