X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • |Norman|
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.8.x

[How to] Create your own vBulletin style

Hello, I'm posting it becouse when I was searching for how do that, I didn't find it anywhere! I decided so to take a look to vB.com's docs (online manual) [You can find it here].
    First step for create a style, is go to your vB AdminCp. Then, you will need to go to -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]. Now you have to select the name of your style, user selection possibility, and the order for this one. Ok, now you must go to (always in Style Manager page) All Style Options. Now you will find all the path for your style's images, etc. You will have also all the CSS for your style. In the bottom of all CSS you will see the relative name. For example you can find "body, .tborder, .page, .tcat".
    If you want an image for your style, for example for your tcat forum image, you can go to .tcat CSS, and in the background space, you can put something like this, for example:

Code:
    #869BBF url(yourstylefolder/gradients/gradient_tcat.gif) repeat-x top left
    If you don't know the CSS and its relative field in your forum, vBulletin docs will help you. Check this section of the manual: Color Map Reference.
    There you will find all your vB style CSS with its relative fileds.

Now, for start, you must only try, try, try!
    If you want a coded style, you must know (X)HTML, CSS and PHP, then you can edit all templates you want, put into all the code you want, personalizing you forum!

I hope this will help you for your vBulletin styles!

Sorry for my bad english, I doing my best.

If you want find my own vBulletin style, you can check my new forum at www.web-city.it.

Best regards,
    Norman.
    *I'm italian, so my english is bad*