X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dizzy99
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.6.x

Drupal 4.7 import possible ?

Second try. POsted the first in pre sales as i didn't have access here (made to feel like a crook to i may add).

Anyway.

I've downloaded the new vbulletin and impex and went to convert my drupal 4.7 forums to vbulletin (deciding whether to make the switch). However the impex only supports 4.6, so being brave (and on a test server) i gave it a go.

Users came over (although their passwords no longer work) and message come over too (apart from the first post in each forum which was oddly blank). Also, as i was using TinyMCE i had HTML in quite a few of my posts (but i can sort that by find and replacing in mysql).

I'm convinced my issues relate to the import being 4.6 and not 4.7 of drupal on so is there a 4.7 i missed or plans to create a 4.7 impex import ? Its not as though 4.7 is new, their on 5.0 now.

I may be able to convert to phpbb and then to vbulletin (done this with a phpnuke in the past) but would prefer a more out of the box solution.

Looking for a quick answer as if theres no way of converting its unlikely i'll renew my license and stick where i am.

Thanks.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Jerry should be able to update the importer for 4.7 if you can give him access to the Drupal database. If so, fill out a support ticket at:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dizzy99
      • Jan 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Jerry should be able to update the importer for 4.7 if you can give him access to the Drupal database. If so, fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php
      Sent in a support ticket. I hope he can help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...