• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rsmiley
    • Dec 2006

I was wondering

I Found a FREE VBULLETIN WEB HOSTING Site with web domain

www.forumdrop.com

i am just wondering if there softwares legal and safe to use as i have applyed for a forum
  • express
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.6.x

Might need to ask them who they host their sites with and then check that host out. Also noticed something on their site about 50/50 split for ad revenue.

Might want to ask about that to make sure your site will not be loaded with unwanted ads.
    Real Web Host

Comment

• SSSlippy
      • Jan 2006

If they pay for the license for the site and keep it. I believe its legall. However this is quite costly on their part.

Comment

• Rsmiley
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by express
        Might need to ask them who they host their sites with and then check that host out. Also noticed something on their site about 50/50 split for ad revenue.

Might want to ask about that to make sure your site will not be loaded with unwanted ads.
        Thanks i am going to contact them

Comment

• Rsmiley
          • Dec 2006

Thank you for the suggestion and i contacted them on that and i recivied this E-mail

<private communication removed>

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

I would encourage you to find out a lot more about this before purchasing anything, including whether or not these are fully valid vBulletin licenses.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ForumDrop
              • Dec 2006
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              I would encourage you to find out a lot more about this before purchasing anything, including whether or not these are fully valid vBulletin licenses.
              Yes, all the licenses are purchased as owned licenses and are legitimate. We base our company off of purchasing and allowing our customers to use our vBulletin licenses for their forums, much like a web hosting company does, and we do not want to ruin a relationship with our main vendor for using pirated or hacked software.

If you need any thing further Steve please let me know.

Stan
              Please be sure to come visit us at: http://forumdrop.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Thanks Stan. I have verified that ForumDrop does have valid licenses.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ForumDrop
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 3.6.x

Not a problem Steve, as always thank you very much for all the staff does at vBulletin!!!

Comment

• ForumDrop
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by express

Hi Express,

Yes we do have ads on the Forums that we host, but I would not say they are too overwhelming. It is the basis of our company to offer up to a 50/50 ad rev split on the gross dollar for he ads, and some forum owners do extremely well. Here is a sample of a forum that we host that has ads on it:

This is another one that we are producing that will do well once we get them going:

If you need anything else please let me know.

-Stan

Comment

• floppyworks
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 3.5.x

So then I can use their services? I am very parinoid that this is illegal.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

I cannot make any recommendations about using them or not. All I can state is what I did in post #8.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Bill-Kill
                          • Jan 2007

Sorry if this is considered a dead topic, didn't look too dead though, so here is my question. Since it is legal and all, do we get access to the member's area with it too?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

I doubt it but that is a question you have to ask them.

This is not the FoprumDrop support forums so if you have any further questions you need to contatc them.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...