X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavutPasha
    • Mar 2006
    • 3.5.x

Email Activation

Hi, I want to accept only @domain.com email address. this is my university mail address. if anybody wants to register to my forum, he has to use our university mail address. Can I do this and how can I?

it's very important for me, thanks for understanding..
    good works..
  • JamieB
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by DavutPasha
    Hi, I want to accept only @domain.com email address. this is my university mail address. if anybody wants to register to my forum, he has to use our university mail address. Can I do this and how can I?

it's very important for me, thanks for understanding..
    good works..
    prob an easier way as you would need to ban about a billion email addresses lol

vBulletin Options > User Banning Options

Banned Email Addresses
    Email address ban lists: You may ban any email addresses from registering and posting. Type in the complete email address ([email protected]), or use a partial email address (as in @example.com).

Note that partial email addresses are matched from the end of the address unless you enable "Aggressive Email Banning" below. Therefore if you ban @example.com you will ban [email protected], but if you ban @example that user will not be banned. If you enable "Aggressive Email Banning", [email protected] would be banned by @example.

If the email address of a user attempting to register or change their email address matches any of the addresses you specify here will see a no-permission error. For example, if you have banned 'example.com' then a user attempting to use '[email protected]' will be rejected.

Put a space between each email address or email address fragment.
    Last edited by JamieB; Sat 25 Nov '06, 3:09pm.

Comment

• DavutPasha
      • Mar 2006
      • 3.5.x

"prob an easier way as you would need to ban about a billion email addresses lol"

do you have any free email services list

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• candymanjl
          • Nov 2002

I've gotten about 30 spammers in the last month all from username@web.de, if I just enter "@web.de" on the user banning options that'll keep people from using that domain completely right? it's getting annoying so I want to make sure I'm entering it right, thanks!
          www.clubhonda.com

Comment

• candymanjl
            • Nov 2002

I still have people registering with "@web.de" did I enter that correctly into the user banner options? or should it just be "web.de"?
            www.clubhonda.com

Comment

• JamieB
              • Jan 2004
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by candymanjl
              I still have people registering with "@web.de" did I enter that correctly into the user banner options? or should it just be "web.de"?
              web.de

i'd also take a look at http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...CAPTCHA+images

I've installed this and its cut out the spam bot's registering

Comment

• candymanjl
                • Nov 2002

Thanks!
                www.clubhonda.com

Comment

• candymanjl
                  • Nov 2002

people are still registering with the banned addresses, some of them are in the "awaiting email confirmation" stage but shouldn't option this stop them from using that email address completely?
                  www.clubhonda.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...