Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frapegliko
    • Nov 2005

Rss Feeds missing Post

When i use the Preview feed button it works fine and shows all the latest feed items, but they dont get posted in the forum. I can't understand why it reads them alright when i preview the feed but doesn't when it comes to post it in the forum.

I ll tested this in a clean test-board and there comes the same

This is the rss feed that i need to run
  • Frapegliko
    • Nov 2005

???
    can any check this feed on his board?

Comment

• Frapegliko
      • Nov 2005

???

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Do you know for sure that the feed is being checked? How often is it checked (see the Check Feed Every option for the feed)?

Make sure this task is running:

Admin CP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager -> RSS Poster Robot

You can edit that task and enable logging so you can know if it is running. You can also try running it manually.

Make sure this code is present in your footer, otherwise tasks will not run:

Code:
        	<div class="smallfont" align="center">
        	<!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
        	$cronimage
        	<!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->

Comment

• Frapegliko
          • Nov 2005

Do you know for sure that the feed is being checked? How often is it checked (see the Check Feed Every option for the feed)?

yes, 10 minutes

Make sure this task is running:

Admin CP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager -> RSS Poster Robot

its running, checkbox enabled

You can edit that task and enable logging so you can know if it is running. You can also try running it manually.

logging was was all the time enabled.
          I did run manually

Make sure this code is present in your footer, otherwise tasks will not run:

Code:
              <div class="smallfont" align="center">
              $cronimage
          yes, it is in the footer

i ll tired now this feed

and it works perfect

but with this comes nothing
          Premium domains add authority to your site. Transparent pricing. 1 year WHOIS privacy included. 30-day money back guarantee.

why?

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • May 2000
            • 1.1.x

That feed does not contain <description>, <title>, or <guid> tags within the <item> elements so we are unable to create an unique hash for each item.

We can debate whether or not that this is a valid RSS feed. It does not contain any accepted RSS tags and so it isn't usable within vBulletin. If you could get the authors of that feed to include an unique <guid> per item then it should work.

Your other option is to modify rssposter.php to use this feeds <url> field to create the $uniquehash. Ask at vbulletin.org for assistance with accomplishing this.

Comment

• Frapegliko
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
              Your other option is to modify rssposter.php to use this feeds <url> field to create the $uniquehash.
              Thank u Freddie.

If its possible can you give me more details which part specifically to modify the rssposter.php?
              Last edited by Frapegliko; Tue 7 Nov '06, 4:18pm.

Comment

• RaceJunkie
                • Jun 2005
                • 3.8.x

I am having this same issue. I have checked everything above. The task log tells me the feeds were inserted but there is no new posts there. Here is the feed I am using.

I have disabled all my plugins and ran it manually and still nothing. It has been working fine but just stopped. I was able to get it to post some this morning by doing it manually but not now.

I deleted the feed and re added it and ran the task and it worked. I will see if it continues to work.

Comment

• xbox-tribe
                  • Dec 2004
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by RaceJunkie
                  I am having this same issue. I have checked everything above. The task log tells me the feeds were inserted but there is no new posts there. Here is the feed I am using.

I have disabled all my plugins and ran it manually and still nothing. It has been working fine but just stopped. I was able to get it to post some this morning by doing it manually but not now.

I deleted the feed and re added it and ran the task and it worked. I will see if it continues to work.
                  Same problem also for me. It worked till 10 days ago then nothing.

Comment

• RaceJunkie
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Well back to where I started, ran one time and that's it

Comment

• xbox-tribe
                      • Dec 2004
                      • 3.6.x

Still not solved :\

Comment

• leo1977
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 3.6.x

I have the same issue...
                        *** CUSTOM PHP SCRIPTS ***

Comment

• RaceJunkie
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 3.8.x

Yea same issue for me.. If I reset the time for each one then run the cron job it will work.. But as far as it working like it is supose to, no go..

I am going to go look in the bug tracker to see if anyone has submitted this issue..

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                            • Nov 2004
                            • 3.8.x

What vBulletin versions are you using?
                            Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                            Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• RaceJunkie
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden
                              What vBulletin versions are you using?
                              I am using 3.6.4

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...