Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lenny1220
    • Nov 2006

transfering info from a proboard

Hi , just wondering before i purchase , I have a proboard , with a lot of members and posts , is there anyway to transfer this info over to the vbulletin ? I really do not want to lose the last 2 years of work , members and posts .
  • feldon23
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.7.x

Sorry, Proboards totally screws people over by refusing to give people a copy of their data, no matter how much money you wave in their face.

Same with EZBoard, Yuku, etc.

http://support.proboards.com/index.c...e=3#1151977720

Maybe if enough people ask, Jelsosft will write a Proboards "harvester" like the one they wrote for EZBoard.
    Last edited by feldon23; Wed 1 Nov '06, 9:06am.

Comment

• lenny1220
      • Nov 2006

Thanks for the info , the link you supplied thou does not exist.

If there is any way id be willing to pay , because i really do not want to spend 2 years rebuilding

Comment

• feldon23
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.7.x

For some reason, vB is screwing up the link.

If you remove the space from the link, it works.

Comment

• lenny1220
          • Nov 2006

Guess im out of luck ,

Hopefuelly sometime in the future this will be possible . Even i we have to pay for it

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

It's hard to get a feel for how many people would LIKE to upgrade from ProBoards to vBulletin but can't. I'm sure any such requests posted at proboards support forums are deleted.

Comment

• lenny1220
              • Nov 2006

Yeah , i posted a question there before , a mod answered a 1 word NO and a few minutes later the thread was locked , I look now and its not there anymore

You know i cant understand why they wont let you , charge us to do it if need be , $100 or $200 , but give us the option

Comment

• Rob B
                • Dec 2005
                • 3.6.x

ProBoards are pathetic in this area. They censor out any mention of vBulletin, delete any request for a migration to other paid software. I was with them, and just had to manually add all my members to the vBulletin database with random passwords, PM them random passwords (took me hours) and start again with the posting.

They aren't really even in the same market segment as the paid software providers, they provide basic free forums funded by Google Ads for beginners and/or those on a very tight/0 budget. Anyone who wants to take their site onto the next level is going to want to upgrade to paid software.

I got really annoyed with ProBoards when I was trying to migrate, they are utterly unprofessional and childish when it comes to even discussing other forum software providers and it was the last straw for me. If Invision are OK with people discussing vB on their forums, then why aren't ProBoards? Tells a little story of its own.

I really hope vBulletin develop a post harvester for ProBoards. They have around 2,000,000 hosted forums and there are plenty of (deleted) enquiries about upgrading to paid software. Create a post harvester and I think you would see rather an influx....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...