X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheOverclocked
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.6.x

Editor Box Not Centered

My editor box is not centering correctly. I believe the problem is mostly in FF. I did extend the length of the box but it still should be centered.

I've search for about an hour or so and all I've found so far is to set the editor to "left" in the template. I did so for now and it's fine but it's to the left which is stupid looking.

My reply templates are all vb 3.6.1 stock, other then the change from center to left as a temporary fix.

Thanks
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Adjust your form and message widths in your:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> StyleVars (in the menu)

Clickable smilies can also stretch it out pretty good:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting Interface Options

Comment

• TheOverclocked
      • Jan 2005
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Adjust your form and message widths in your:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> StyleVars (in the menu)

Clickable smilies can also stretch it out pretty good:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting Interface Options
      Well I stretched the Message Width out to 640px but it did the same thing for some users even before. Shouldn't I be able to center it regardless of the width? Last time I poked around with HTML I could.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

It should already be centered unless the content is too wide in which case stretching and overlapping might occur.

Is there a login I can use on your forum so I can see the problem?

Comment

• TheOverclocked
          • Jan 2005
          • 3.6.x

It should already be centered unless the content is too wide in which case stretching and overlapping might occur.

Is there a login I can use on your forum so I can see the problem?
          Yes, yhpm.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

It looks normal to me. Your message area width is set to 640px which is pretty wide. It shows normally on high resolutions. When I use a lower res the message area is too wide for the window and it causes an overlap on the right. I get the same behavior on my test forum and this is normal. I recommend you use a smaller message area width to better accommodate lesser resolutions.

Comment

• TheOverclocked
              • Jan 2005
              • 3.6.x

It looks normal to me. Your message area width is set to 640px which is pretty wide. It shows normally on high resolutions. When I use a lower res the message area is too wide for the window and it causes an overlap on the right. I get the same behavior on my test forum and this is normal. I recommend you use a smaller message area width to better accommodate lesser resolutions.
              Yeah I'mon 1280x1024 and it is pushed to the right a little but not enough that it looks bad.

I'll just move it back to the left then for now because everyone said it works fine when it's to the left...

Thanks

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

It's Firefox. It handles these things rather badly. I had to set mine to the left to get round it.

It's ok if you have the stock smilies but add any of your own and try to display them and it starts to go wonky.

Initially I had it set left only in Firefox but in the end I put it left for everyone so it's consistent.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• TheOverclocked
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                  It's Firefox. It handles these things rather badly. I had to set mine to the left to get round it.

It's ok if you have the stock smilies but add any of your own and try to display them and it starts to go wonky.

Initially I had it set left only in Firefox but in the end I put it left for everyone so it's consistent.
                  Interesting. Wonder if we can center it using css?

I might have a go at it if I get time tonight.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...