Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mtcarpenter
    • Dec 2001

Skin Choosing Problem

I upgraded to 3.6.0 and I have 3 skins installed for the board, I've tried browsing in IE and Firefox and got this same problem

A go to my quick style chooser to select a skin and the boards default skin stays when the page reloads. If I go to my userCP to choose a skin the same thing happens.

Occasionally if I use the quick style chooser on the ForumHome page it WILL change to the new skin I'm choosing but once I click one of the forums or a thread it will jump back to the default skin.

The ONLY way I'm getting the skin to change and stay changed is if I go to the USERcp to change skin and then directly it to the same skin in quick style chooser. Then and only then will it switch over.

I'd like to try to get them both working seperately as Quick Style Chooser is much more convenient.

In the adminCP i have it set where users can choose what skin they want, even under the individual forum settings the users have that ability. So I can't figure out what the problem could be
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

Are the styles you are using 100% compatible with vB3.6?
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• slinky
      • Mar 2001
      • 1.1.x

I have the same problem -- but with a twist. Using IE it changes perfectly although sometimes I need to login and logou. Using Firefox I only get the original default style. The only way to change the style is to put in &styleid=XX in the URL to view the new style. I can't understand how this is possible since it would seem that the information for building the style is server side. I've cleared the FF cache and same problem.
      My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• slinky
        • Mar 2001
        • 1.1.x

This is a bug I just reported -- I went crazy until I realized that FF is not automatically selecting the user theme in the 'Quick Menu' at the bottom of the page. Even if you turn off this choice VB seems to use it for the theme selection. Weird. If I quit my browser and logged out completely, I got the theme I wanted. Maybe it's a style thing but I suggested they put a "go button" in there just to be sure. Works in IE perfectly.... great... now I can sleep at night, lol.
        My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• mtcarpenter
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden
          Are the styles you are using 100% compatible with vB3.6?
          yes they are all compatible

even if I am on the ForumHome page and use the quickchoose it may switch to the skin i want but then when I go into one of my other forums it will jump back to the skin I don't want

Comment

• mtcarpenter
            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by slinky
            I have the same problem -- but with a twist. Using IE it changes perfectly although sometimes I need to login and logou. Using Firefox I only get the original default style. The only way to change the style is to put in &styleid=XX in the URL to view the new style. I can't understand how this is possible since it would seem that the information for building the style is server side. I've cleared the FF cache and same problem.
            This is a bug I just reported -- I went crazy until I realized that FF is not automatically selecting the user theme in the 'Quick Menu' at the bottom of the page. Even if you turn off this choice VB seems to use it for the theme selection. Weird. If I quit my browser and logged out completely, I got the theme I wanted. Maybe it's a style thing but I suggested they put a "go button" in there just to be sure. Works in IE perfectly.... great... now I can sleep at night, lol.

I tried it in IE, and it seems to work fine. The browser I always use is FireFox though and that is where I'm having the problems

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
              • Nov 2004
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by mtcarpenter
              yes they are all compatible

even if I am on the ForumHome page and use the quickchoose it may switch to the skin i want but then when I go into one of my other forums it will jump back to the skin I don't want
              Make sure you don't have a style set in the settings for that forum.
              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• IceBurn3000
                • Jan 2005
                • 3.6.x

Some of my users had this same problem after I installed a Christmas style. I wasn't having the problem until I rebooted my PC. I cleared my FF2 cookies, cache and browsing history, and the problem seemed to go away.

IE7 worked fine.
                Peter B
                YOUthCentral Site Owner
                [MSN: IceBurn3000 (at) hotmail (dot) com]
                [Email: peter (at) YOUthCentral (dot) net]
                [Web: http://www.YOUthCentral.net - It's Where YOUth Go!]

Comment

• stinger2
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.6.x

did any one find a solution for this old problem.now i am having it with 3.7. skin selector does not work

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    Former Customer Support Manager
                    • Jul 2000

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...