Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john2k
    • Jul 2000

IPB 2.1.6 -> vB 3.5.4 : signatures and avatars

I tested converting a IPB forum version 2.1.6 to vB version 3.5.4. Two issues I ran into are with avatars and signatures.

Some imported avatars come in and display way too big. Is there a way to mass resize avatars, similar to the "rebuild attachment thumbnails" feature?

Also, signatures were imported as HTML and display as plain text so the HTML is visible. Sigs were not converted to vB code. Would it be possible for the Impex to be updated so signatures import and are converted to vB code properly? I know this can be done with the cleaner script, but I'd feel a lot better if Impex did this.

Thanks,

John
    ...john2k...
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

1. Sorry, there is no way to masss resive these avatars.

2. Did you allow HTML in sigs on your IPB board?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• john2k
      • Jul 2000

No, only BBcode is permitted in signatures.
      ...john2k...

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Can you post the code of one of these signatures or provide a link?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• john2k
          • Jul 2000

Sorry I have taken so long with this reply, I've been working on many projects and am back to this one now.

Here's an example of what is going on:

Original signature as displayed in IPB 2.1.6:
          "Art has to be visually amuesing before it can translate meaning. If it dosen't grab one's attention, no-one will EVER like it." - Self Quote (applied to visual arts)

Bigfatguy6969 AKA "bfg" "sam"
          Signature as imported and viewed in vB 3.5.4:
          <span style=\"color:#000000\">&quot;Art has to be visually amuesing before it can translate meaning. If it dosen't grab one's attention, no-one will EVER like it.&quot; - Self Quote (applied to visual arts)
          </span>
          <span style=\"color:#009900\">Bigfatguy6969 AKA &quot;bfg&quot; &quot;sam&quot;</span>
          Any idea what could be causing this, or what I can do to correctly import the signatures?

Thanks for your help.
          ...john2k...

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

It looks like you allowed HTML in your IPB sigs. Is that the case?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• john2k
              • Jul 2000

No, I have it set so that HTML is not permitted within sigs. I acquired this particular forum that I'm working on with this issue approx 2 months ago. It's possible that the previous owner may have had it set the allow HTML at some point, I do not know for certain. Would it make any difference if HTML was permitted for a while by the previous owner then set to not allow HTML in sigs?

The actual coded signature for the example I posted in my previous reply is the following:
              [color=#000000]"Art has to be visually amuesing before it can translate meaning. If it dosen't grab one's attention, no-one will EVER like it." - Self Quote (applied to visual arts)
              [/color]
              [color=#009900]Bigfatguy6969 AKA "bfg" "sam"[/color]
              It seems to me that signature, at least that one in particular, should import exactly as it is and work without issue since only the color bbcode is being used and seems to have the same usage format as with vB. But instead for some reason the importer turns it into a bit of a mess.
              ...john2k...

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Yeah, something's not working right. Please report this in the 3.5 Bug Tracker here:

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Jerry
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 1.1.x

I've updated 000.php and 004.php to remove [color] tags from the signatures.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• john2k
                    • Jul 2000

I imported again, using the updated Impex 1.52, but still have the same result. That signature still displays as the following:

<span style=\"color:#000000\">&quot;Art has to be visually amuesing before it can translate meaning. If it dosen't grab one's attention, no-one will EVER like it.&quot; - Self Quote (applied to visual arts)
                    </span>
                    <span style=\"color:#009900\">Bigfatguy6969 AKA &quot;bfg&quot; &quot;sam&quot;</span>
                    Was I supposed to do anything special with 000.php & 004.php, or just run the Impex again as usual?
                    ...john2k...

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

You need to download the latest Impex again and reupload the newest files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Smoothie
                        • Oct 2001

I had the same problem with signatures when I converted from IPB 2.0.4 and I did not allow HTML in signatures. Is there a way to fix these signatures?

Comment

• john2k
                          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          You need to download the latest Impex again and reupload the newest files.
                          I did. I used the updated Impex 1.52 as mentioned in my previous message. I downloaded the updated Impex, 1.52, from the members area and uploaded that on my dev server. I also checked to make sure that I was using the new Impex version from within the script itself, which also listed 1.52:

ImpEx build version : 1.52
                          Or... are you saying that the original 1.52 that was in the members area earlier was not correct? I'll do it again just to make sure and will post back with results of the next test import.
                          ...john2k...

Comment

• john2k
                            • Jul 2000

A second test import with Impex 1.52 completed and the issue with signatures remains:

</span>
                            ...john2k...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...