when trying to import i got an error! and now i cant login to my forum, all posts gon

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hypnoticpimp
    • Feb 2005

when trying to import i got an error! and now i cant login to my forum, all posts gon

I was trying to import users and topics from another board, but i got some error. on impex, so i clicked on do a clean iimpex install, and then i got another error. and now when i went back to my forum. i cant login, says invalid pass, and seems my username has been deleted. also all my posts shows as none in the main page. but when i click on some forums some posts are still there. and i noticed my username on some posts, that my info is all gone, like if i wasnt a member

how can i fix this to the way i had it before i tried impex

my vbulletin forum is 3.5 and i was trying to import from another 3.5 forum
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

Try importing again, and let us know the exact error messages you are receiving.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• hypnoticpimp
      • Feb 2005

I cant get into admin panel. because like i said my username is like vanished

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by hypnoticpimp
        ....but i got some error. .......
        Going to need a lot more detail than that to be able to help.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• hypnoticpimp
          • Feb 2005

i even tried going into tools.php that tool and clicked on restore admin access, and enterd my username and it said invalid user, just crazy

Comment

• Jerry
            • Dec 2002
            • 1.1.x

ImpEx cannot associate with an admin user, so therefore can't delete it.

If you have deleted all the users from your database by some other method, you will need to reinstall vBulletin, or re-add the admin user.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• hypnoticpimp
              • Feb 2005

I can assure you. everything was working fine, till i used impex.! So im guessing ima have to restore my database. Well. once i restored my databas, can you do this impex for me. so you can see what happenes. that way you will know it aint me, but impex

Comment

• Jerry
                • Dec 2002
                • 1.1.x

Originally posted by hypnoticpimp
                I can assure you. everything was working fine, till i used impex.! So im guessing ima have to restore my database. Well. once i restored my databas, can you do this impex for me. so you can see what happenes. that way you will know it aint me, but impex
                Yes, if you are 100% sure that its ImpEx deleting or corrupting the target database I would like to see that, start a support ticket and ask for me.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• hypnoticpimp
                  • Feb 2005

ok i just got it restored. they charge me money each time to get it restored cause i dont got ssh access. Well i added the folder impex,

Now when i go to my admincp. and click on impex. i noticed this. it takes me straight to the impex results page, thast the 1st thing that happens. heres a ascrrenshot of the 1st page it takes me too when i click on impex.

Its showing that it has already been imported and if u see the time saying 45 minutes. But thats not true. Cause it took 1 sec when i clicked on that page

*Note* i did do impex in the past with another forum

Well anyway, that doesnt look normal does it and im not gonna click on those buttons again cause it will mess up my forum again

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    Former Customer Support Manager
                    • Jul 2000

You need to click on 'Database cleanup & restart'.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jerry
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 1.1.x

If you have imported into that forum before, so the import you are currently attempting to do is a 2nd import you will need to finalise the first import.

I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• hypnoticpimp
                        • Feb 2005

Ok i clicked on database cleanup on impex and now i get this

Impex Help page

ImpEx can not read the target database details from impex/ImpExConfig.php OR ../includes/config.php.
                        Please enter the target database details in ImpExConfig, or run ImpEx installed opposed to standalone.

Im taking target database is the database on my new forum correct? not old one.

Comment

• Colin F
                          • May 2004

Yes, target is where you're importing into, which is your vBulletin forum.
                          Best Regards
                          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...