X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tulsa
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.6.x

PHP5 Problem with the AdminCP

I recently switched to using php5 and when I do I get this error.

Click image for larger version

Name:	php5error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	3700057

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /includes/functions.php(1064) : eval()'d code on line 3
  • Tulsa
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.6.x

I submitted a ticket through my host A Small Orange and received this once I let them into the admincp to see it.

I see the error now. After running some other tests and searches I think I have narrowed down the problem. The behavior of array_merge() was modified in PHP 5. Unlike PHP 4, array_merge() now only accepts parameters of type array. However, you can use typecasting to merge other types. This would require you to actually modify the forum. I would recommend just using php4 until a new version of the forum is released that is more compatible with php5. The performance increases won't counter the trouble it is to try and convert everything over. I apologize for all of the trouble.

Comment

• Tulsa
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.6.x

I guess I didn't actually ask a question yesterday, my bad.

Is vBulletin 3.5.X not compatible with PHP5 as is suggested by ASO? I thought I read somewhere on here we should have no problems with using PHP5? If we can or are supposed to be able to, any thoughts on the above error?

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Dec 2000

It is compatible and has been since 3.0.x and updated some more in 3.5.0, and the array_merge is from eval'd code which suggests it from a plugin and not stock vBulletin code.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Tulsa
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.6.x

Found it, thanks!
          Last edited by Tulsa; Sun 21 May '06, 6:27am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...