ACLs: Bestow administrative/moderator functions via group membership?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad Felmey
    • May 2006
    • 3.5.x

ACLs: Bestow administrative/moderator functions via group membership?

I apologize if this is already documented somewhere - I did forum searches and read the documentation, but didn't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I wish to use normal OU-based permissions, and grant specific rights based upon group membership. For instance, in order to grant moderator status to Bob in the XYZ forum, I would merely make him a member of the XYZ_Moderators group.

I also wish to allow members of the XYZ_Moderators group to be able to place new registrants from the "..awaiting moderation" default group into the "Registered Users" and XYZ_Members groups, without granting them full administrative access.

This is pretty straightforward ACL type of stuff, but I'll be dogged if I can find where to set this up. Can someone give me a pointer in the right direction?
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

Sorry, that's not possible without code modification.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Brad Felmey
      • May 2006
      • 3.5.x

So I'm stuck making a list of permissions for each and every user and implementing them one-by-one?

Also, in order to delegate group membership management I have to give someone the ability to totally @#$@ up the BBS?

Cripes, where is the FRE list for vB 4.x?

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Dec 2000

The Administrative permissions aren't quite as granular as you think and as we'd like, we'll no doubt improve them in 4.0.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...