• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kore
    • May 2006
    • 3.5.x

Avatars not importing phpbb -> vbulletin

hello!
    i've got a problem with importing avatars from phpbb 2.0.20 to vbulletin 3.5.4.
    everything imports well, even attachments
    i've configured vbulletin to store attachments and avatars on disk.
    chmod is 777.
    tryed to upload my own avatar to vbulletin - works normaly.
    when trying to import users with avatars - no error, but also no avatars in ./customavatars dir, that i've configured as a dir with avatars.
    also i choose in "Would you like to import the avatars, this can take some time if they are remotely linked" - yes. And in "What is the full path to your avatars directory " i'm enter full path with avatars dir (/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forum/images/avatars) and press Continue. Users importing. Avatars - not.
    any suggestion?
    thanks in future!

ps: sorry for English, it's bad, i know
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Which version of Impex are you running? If it's not 1.47, then please download the latest version and try the import again. If it is 1.47, then fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• kore
      • May 2006
      • 3.5.x

i've got not to much time for waiting when they answer on my question, i made everything by myself.
      this script may be helps someone else

after download rename to avatff.php and take a look inside to configure it.
      tested only on unix with php with GD library support(jpeg,png and gif).
      !!! but use it on your own risk !!!

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

The importer itself imports avatars, if it didn't in this case its a bug or a version difference, I would suggest reporting it as a bug opposed to using a 3rd party script.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• kore
          • May 2006
          • 3.5.x

impex knows only phpbb v2.0.19, but my phpbb was 2.0.20.
          may be there were some problems, i do not know.
          i got not much time to fix this problem, and also i do not want to give access to phpmyadmin and etc.
          thank you

Comment

• Jerry
            • Dec 2002
            • 1.1.x

I haven't found any schema changes between the versions, you have to ensure that the images are in the correct folder to be imported.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• feldon23
              • Nov 2001
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by kore
              i've got not to much time for waiting when they answer on my question, i made everything by myself.
              this script may be helps someone else

after download rename to avatff.php and take a look inside to configure it.
              tested only on unix with php with GD library support(jpeg,png and gif).
              !!! but use it on your own risk !!!
              Thank you for this fantastic script!

Put in the details, ran it, and BAM, all avatars imported instantaneously. Now I have to figure out the folks who did gallery avatars. :|

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...